• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Winifred Breaks 9S7~12-14 June... POSTPONED UNTIL 2021

centmont

SPONSOR
9S7 -- Montana's Missouri Breaks
Winifred Breaks (9S7): On a hope and a prayer that CoVid doesn't cancel us...we are moving ahead with plans for the Missouri River Breaks flyin weekend prior to Johnson Creek. This post is primarily a "save the date" (12,13,14 June) notice and we will give details as time gets closer. Originally this flyin was designed to pick up traffic on the way to Johnson Creek, but over the decade it has developed a following all its own. We would love to host you again if you can make it. Ralph Rogers (Photo from Steve Johnson (SJ)) If you want a Hotel room call "Rainey" at: 406 462 5323. See Post #7
Breaks Photo S. Johnson.jpg

Attachments

• Breaks Photo S. Johnson.jpg
    Breaks Photo S. Johnson.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
Keepin our fingers crossed. This is such a fun event. Appreciate
all that you do Ralph. Jeff and Patty. Amphib 577 PJ

If you haven't been to the Breaks and Winifred, you need to go.....

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

Gathering Winifred.jpg

Missouri Breaks Over Nose.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Gathering Winifred.jpg
    Gathering Winifred.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Missouri Breaks Over Nose.JPG
    Missouri Breaks Over Nose.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 247
For those who want to "camp" in luxury, there is a spectacular hotel in Winifred (believe it or not). And it has some rooms left. It is the International Suites (another project of Norman Asbjornsen). Summer can get busy; if you want a room call "Rainey" at: 406 462 5323. Down stairs is the 1028 steak house, across the street from the infamous Winifred Tavern and next door to the beautiful 100 year old Croatian built brown-stone grocery store.

Thanks Ralph, Darby is packing.74D6806E-A26E-4A12-972E-F2D88FF40018.jpeg

Attachments

• 74D6806E-A26E-4A12-972E-F2D88FF40018.jpeg
    74D6806E-A26E-4A12-972E-F2D88FF40018.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 220
Ralph ,The dates are entered on my calendar. Looking forward to doing some luxury camping at Woodhawk , or maybe Left Coulee .

I put this in the Johnson Ck. thread, but not this one. RE: Winifred Breaks Flyin

Lou: I'm along for the ride on this one and willing to look at Montana restrictions, Idaho restrictions, Steve's decision, and common sense. Right now we are still on. I believe things will look differently in 2 months. If not, I can't go anywhere in September... JC would be out for me. R

I'm optimistic that things will be well enough to do both the Breaks and JC in June.
Lou

Montana’s Governor is starting to lift restrictions this week. It’ll be a phased process, but....

MTV

Central Montana Hangar of MPA just announced they’re postponing the Lewistown pancake breakfast.

MTV

I am waiting and wondering about the MAA event at Three Forks, but not getting my hopes up.

We had a long series of texts back and forth this morning on that topic. I think the current plan is to leave it “On” for now, but may use food trucks for meals. Stay tuned.

MTV

We had a long series of texts back and forth this morning on that topic. I think the current plan is to leave it “On” for now, but may use food trucks for meals. Stay tuned.

MTV

That's end of July, right? For the first time in 20 years I think I'm able to come over there. I hope it can work out.

"Adulting" sucks... but in the end this is the only responsible action not easily made and after several nights sans sleep. There is no virus in this county. If anyone had gotten sick following this flyin, aviation would forever be blamed. We considered every avenue from ordering all food out, to moving it to the breaks full-time.... None of it works to guarantee a 100% chance of safety if someone shows up asymptomatic. This town is filled with cowboys you can't kill with a bullet, and a large contingent of really old folks.... Covid19 would go through here like poop through a goose and we need to keep them all safe. I hope to cross tracks with you out camping and will miss this flyin and my friends. Winifred is still an open public airport if you find yourself in the neighborhood, call and I'll bring the adult beverages to the hangar, or out to your pick of strips in the Breaks.... Best, Ralph

It's funny how sometimes right decisions are the hardest ones to make. Good call Ralph, you have my support. Doug Monger

About 6, 7, maybe more, years ago, (I'm not keeping track) I spent a rainy night camped out in one of the hangars there, it was before the Breaks Fly in's started anyway, I had just stumbled upon Winifred as it got dark, I had never heard of it before. A local who was doing some concrete work at the strip showed me around the local scene, and I took him flying the next morning. He assured me getting out of the rain inside the hangar would not be a problem (not that I really expected otherwise, I know Montana.....) THANKS! As an Idaho pilot, I have to say, and it breaks my heart, Montana is the absolute best choice for a slow flying pilot just out poking around. It is THE most small airplane friendly place I have experienced, and seems to have the most podunk small towns, within walking distance or very near it, to the local dirt or grass strip. I've been flying it for decades now. MONTANA, WHERE IDAHO PILOTS GO TO UNWIND!

Folks, I removed the corona virus and corona response ranting from this thread. There are a million other websites you can go rant about the current situation. Please go do it there.

Thanks

sj

Ralph
Maybe when the spraying winds down I'll gather a couple old aarp cowboys and come up for lunch.
Need to come give Darrel a little hell anyways.
Brian

The Montana aeronautics newsletter still lists Winifred as having a SuperCub Fly In on June 12. Was this cancelled? Wouldn’t you know, I finally have time to go (thanks to the ‘rona)...and so much is being cancelled.

I had no idea our flyin was in the Mt Aeronautics newsletter. Sorry that caused confusion but suspect it went to press before we canceled it along with Johnson Creek in mid April. Yes it is canceled! Again sorry. R

Back