• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Control stick play

More info please. Is the play in the torque tube? In the bolt through the stick stub? Or just loose cables?

Web

When you push the stick from side to side, does the bolt stay stationary as the stick moves? Or does the bolt AND the stick move?

Web

I replaced the bolt that goes to the ailerons and it was worn and beat up. added a washer and tightened, removed one spacer on the tube, then went to the front stick and the pivot bolt was rusty and worn, replaced that one and greased on assembly tightened as needed.
Wow what a difference it made in the take up of the sloppy of the stick

Doug

You'll need to find out if the wear is on the bolt or in the bushings in the stub. I would just replace the bolt anyways while you're in there. If the bushings in the stub are worn the choices are; replace it, or build up the worn bushings. Replacing is self explanatory. Building up the bushings will mean either having them welded up and then reamed back to size OR reamed to a larger size and then press in bushings that will have the correct ID to hold the bolt. Going to have to be your call, but you should talk to your A&P before you decide.

Web

You'll need to find out if the wear is on the bolt or in the bushings in the stub. I would just replace the bolt anyways while you're in there. If the bushings in the stub are worn the choices are; replace it, or build up the worn bushings. Replacing is self explanatory. Building up the bushings will mean either having them welded up and then reamed back to size OR reamed to a larger size and then press in bushings that will have the correct ID to hold the bolt. Going to have to be your call, but you should talk to your A&P before you decide.

Web

There’s no replaceable bushing there. It’s a welded tube.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Nothing wrong with an NAS or close tolerance bolt for this. But do some checking to see if a new bolt will completely fill the bushing. If the bushing wear is minor, the new bolt will work well. If the wear is bad, the new bolt will help but not solve the issue.

Web

Back