• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tornado Last Night Near Graham, TX.

I get a nose bleed when I fly that high. lol

Tends to piss people off when you fly low over them as they clean up what is left of their house or as they are trying to put up power poles and lines. Altitude also gives you the full effect of the power of mother nature and her destruction.

Steve, what is the white specks in the green fields? Is it debris that is spread by the tornado? Just what these people didn't need, on top of the corona scare, then to have a tornado. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected.
Brian

Steve, what is the white specks in the green fields? Is it debris that is spread by the tornado? Just what these people didn't need, on top of the corona scare, then to have a tornado. Thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected.
Brian
Yes, that is sheet metal, insulation and other debris that is spread out over a very large area.

Sure sorry to see it. That weather was supposed to be up here last night, but we just got high winds. I've see a couple hundred tornados growing up here in the midwest, surprisingly, most of them don't do much damage, but then every now and then there is one of these. We used to be considered tornado alley, but over the last few years it has been moving south and east.

sj

We had a tornado years ago that I could follow from the air. Mostly just corn fields but it hit a building site and took the metal grain bins and machine shed and deposited it in my cousin's field several miles away.

Sure sorry to see it. That weather was supposed to be up here last night, but we just got high winds. I've see a couple hundred tornados growing up here in the midwest, surprisingly, most of them don't do much damage, but then every now and then there is one of these. We used to be considered tornado alley, but over the last few years it has been moving south and east.

sj

Yeah, thanks guys. (tongue in cheek)

Seriously though, we had a big tornado through here in 2011. If you know what to look for, you can still see the path of destruction from the air. The sheer power of those things is crazy. Hopefully everyone from Graham is ok and rebuilding.

We had a tornado years ago that I could follow from the air. Mostly just corn fields but it hit a building site and took the metal grain bins and machine shed and deposited it in my cousin's field several miles away.
The ground track of the big one that hit Oklahoma in '99 was easy to see because it pulled all the grass off the dirt

Back