• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

CubCrafters Northeast STOL 2020

AdirondackCub

Ballston Spa, NY
Saturday May 30th, 2020 join CubCrafters Northeast STOL at Harris Field (83K) 10915 NY Rt 149 Fort Ann,NY 5mi. NE of Glens Falls (KGFL). Our 4th annual event we expect good weather and a tremendous crowd too. Join the regions best STOL pilots as they wield their skills to one up each other in a friendly competition and this year 1 of 4 in a total points series (must compete in all 4). Music, food, & lively banter.
Please RSVP here or PM me or call 518-410-9404 for more details.

Camping is allowed for the weekend and Sunday (weather permitting) there will be an adirondack fly out for the day with multiple stops. 20 STOL flyer.jpg

Attachments

• 20 STOL flyer.jpg
    20 STOL flyer.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 414
I'll likely show up with my 170, as a spectator, assuming people are allowed to gather etc etc

Hopefully Douten and I will be there with our 11's. Maybe we can talk JP into tagging along as well.

Larry.

Hopefully Douten and I will be there with our 11's. Maybe we can talk JP into tagging along as well.

Larry.

i am happy to report that the young man was seen yesterday, washed and clean and wearing nice socks, and was out for a nice Sunday drive with the misses, guess he was driving miss Lisa. Of course like most of us the ride included a trip to the airdrome. His timing was perfect because my language was most foul because of an unplowed ramp no power in the hangar. We got the bird put to bed, and I think he was holding her hand when they left
Might be time to hit him up for a trip
j8m

Pardon me, I can help. I speak fluent Douten. And I understand Crane will give another speech before awarding some gobsmackingly large trophy.

JP

I missed last year bc of a bone head scheduling oversight. I can’t wait for this years!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Folks NY looks to be going Green to open up and our friends at Harris field are excited to host us and our 4Th Annual Northeast STOL. Join us!

Great turn out indeed and 31 birds in total, thanks to all attendees, participants and ground support ops. Nothing bent, some good level competition due to that pesky wind change. See you in Pittsfield for round 2 of 3. Please post your pics here too and on FB Northeast STOL series thanks MK. John Harts please show us that hot new trophy!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nMwMcgWd4gDKEgwV7

I’ve been abusing Bill Barker everywhere else, I might as well do it here too.

The variable quartering tailwind with intent to hit your mark can lead to full squash compression.

With bungees this is also the ready-to-pounce stance.

DSC_3924.JPG

Side note : Bill is an excellent pilot, as often sharp young men are. This shouldn’t reflect on his skills, although I do believe he has a competitive streak. :)

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers...

Attachments

• DSC_3924.JPG
    DSC_3924.JPG
    918.7 KB · Views: 199
And even Tom Ford was working the stick with full intent in his own wheelhouse.

DSC_3983.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_3983.JPG
    DSC_3983.JPG
    752.8 KB · Views: 172
I’ve been abusing Bill Barker everywhere else, I might as well do it here too.

The variable quartering tailwind with intent to hit your mark can lead to full squash compression.

With bungees this is also the ready-to-pounce stance.

View attachment 49161

Side note : Bill is an excellent pilot, as often sharp young men are. This shouldn’t reflect on his skills, although I do believe he has a competitive streak. :)

Yeah, I dropped that one in there a little too much!!

Well-timed picture!

Just going to say I was providing a stock-bungee suspension demonstration for all those tk1 and acme guys...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Yeah, I dropped that one in there a little too much!!

Well-timed picture!

Just going to say I was providing a stock-bungee suspension demonstration for all those tk1 and acme guys...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

here are some acme black ops shocks in action. A slight bounce is unusual, they usually suck it up
The only way to arrest the sink is with some power
Great showing from the three amigos

John Hart. First place
Tom Ford. Second
Bill Barker Third

https://cvws.icloud-content.com/B/A...E2AB&p=10&s=LXBMpYB0OcqfzvL16uu2YQxBnKw&teh=2

Kurt, yes we got to meet and swap stories. Looks like he is firmly in camp H. Maybe brother influence?
Nice looking bird, the colors are stunning. You know there are 3 more STOL planned this summer, I know that dawg of yours knows the way east. Just saying

jim

Back