• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Earthquake in Utah?

Now THOSE guys need the toilet paper!

Any of our members on the ground there? What's the local reports?

Web

Lots for family and friends there, they just had their 32 aftershock!

Dennis, Frank hang on!!!

Yep, the house was a-jiggling and a-wiggling most of the day, with the initial 5.7 earthquake and almost 100 aftershocks (so far). The Salt Lake City Airport was closed for a few hours due to a broken water pipe in the terminal & to check to make sure the runways weren’t cracked, etc. No people were injured or died from the earthquake. Some old brick houses had some damage. I think some of the road overpasses have some damage. On a personal note, my house, hangar & Cub are fine. On the positive side, the news here in Utah is saturated with the earthquake and haven’t heard anything about the Corona virus or stock market all day.

I think there may be many people here in Utah that are convinced that the apocalypse is here!

Windy

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Well, I’m not there, but my “new-to-me” airplane is... Unharmed, thank God! Waiting for the right time to go get it... Could be a while, unfortunately.

While listening for sounds of structural failure in my house( beefed up with foam in the walls and foundation/frame anchors in recent years) and sounds of things falling off shelves, none of which, amazingly, happened..(bookshelves are screwed to the walls)...I was wondering if this was the long anticipated 7+ Wasatch Fault going. Later I discovered an old borescope had fallen off a shelf in the hanger. Always keep the plane chocked in the hanger in case of quakes.
The cat was freaked out for a minute, though....

Back