• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Something to Do While Social Distancing

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
If you have NOT listened to the Not So Straight and Level Podcasts, it's the perfect thing to do while moping around the house, or driving from one quarantine to the next! Guaranteed Covid-19 free entertainment!

Click here! https://podfollow.com/nsslp

I'm always looking for recommendations on who to interview next!

sj

I used up most of today trying to use IACRA. Finally got it to work on my iPad after turning off the pop up blocker in Safari.....You know, just like the instructions at the beginning say. Oh well, I’ve got plenty of time on my hands. I’m going to wash them now.

Rich

I went to shop and worked. Even unlocking the door for a bit for a visitor. Can’t get much more social distanced than me in my shop :).

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I'm going to fertilize, for the first time, my 400' long runway, as soon as Amazon/UPS delivers my walk behind spreader. Last year I installed an underground popup sprinkler system (pressure compensating sprinkler heads deal with the 16% slope pretty effectively, pretty even coverage overall) and last year I also bought and restored an ex municipal owned Kubota powered flail mower. It mows prettier then my Kubota tractor's brush hog, and was bought mainly for my other areas around the shop and house, which have a lot of trees, as it's way more maneuverable then the L3301 Kubota tractor/brush hog combo.

I also will liven up, from it's winter slumber, my solar powered pumping system, that draws from the spring 700 lineal feet and 40' vertical away, ( from a spring on my property that I developed, using my Kubota mini excavator) to the 900 gallon storage tank in my hangar, which has a when full/float shutoff valve, plus an overflow line if that fails. Also, the Grundfos pressure pump, plugged into it's timer, set so that at 2:00 AM (when I'm unlikely to be having any other heavy water needs from my well pump) it turns on for 2 hours. A separate timer comes on at the same time, that allows my shop water system, part of my domestic pressurized well water system) so as to help out, as the Grundfos will empty the 900 gallon tank out. With both my 900 g storage tank and my well pump helping out, I throw about 12-1500 GPN (gallons per night) on half my runway. It's up to me to remember to every morning, throw the ball valve that switches it to the upper or lower zone the next night.

All this took a lot of work, and cost a bit (but not that much really 1-2K), but when "in the pattern" (there isn't one, whatever strikes my fancy on any particular day) and I see the green home strip and the rest of the terrain is browned out, it's all worth it. Oh yeah, if Kubota ever comes out with an aircraft engine, I'm in!

Thought I'd let you guys in on a little secret Before it gets out and everyone rushes to the store to stock up on it, They found a new hand sanitizer.
Tabasco sauce. Sprinkle a little on hands and rub well. Guaranteed to keep one from touching ones face. .....Twice !!!!!

Now called Texas Purell !!!

Thought I'd let you guys in on a little secret Before it gets out and everyone rushes to the store to stock up on it, They found a new hand sanitizer.
Tabasco sauce. Sprinkle a little on hands and rub well. Guaranteed to keep one from touching ones face. .....Twice !!!!!

Or other certain areas of the male anatomy!

237B7863-E239-4B98-8DB3-2E77BE5A1B6E.jpeg

Attachments

• 237B7863-E239-4B98-8DB3-2E77BE5A1B6E.jpeg
    237B7863-E239-4B98-8DB3-2E77BE5A1B6E.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 194
I wont post a direct link for fear of being banned here. (Its got a few curse words)
But go to you tube and type in George Carlin and Germs. Flat hilarious and kinda true.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I completed my Flight Instructor Refresher Course on Gleim. Now to figure out what to do with the next how many (?) weeks.

Rich

Back