• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Basic Med OK in Canada yet?

Direct from an EAA rep;
"I checked with a well-placed FAA source, and he categorically denied this. We're still on track. The latest we heard (pre-lockdown) was that they planned to go into formal rulemaking mode over the summer."

Hopefully the truth is that it is still being worked on in the dark dungeons of our government.

From my source,

Dear Terry,

Thx so much for your note.

Last summer the FAA decided against MOSAIC rulemaking proposals to enable exchanges of standard for special airworthiness certificates. Instead, our Maintenance Division is considering policy solutions to more directly lower maintenance burdens for owners of vintage/legacy aircraft.

Kevin Morgan is the POC for these new policy solutions. I’ve included Kevin as an addressee to this email. Please follow-up with him for any further discussion of this topic.

Thank you!
V/r,
Jim

Jim Newberger
Airworthiness Certification, AIR-6C3
Federal Aviation Administration
202-267-1636 (W)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my source,

Dear Terry,

Thx so much for your note.

Last summer the FAA decided against MOSAIC rulemaking proposals to enable exchanges of standard for special airworthiness certificates. Instead, our Maintenance Division is considering policy solutions to more directly lower maintenance burdens for owners of vintage/legacy aircraft.

Kevin Morgan is the POC for these new policy solutions. I’ve included Kevin as an addressee to this email. Please follow-up with him for any further discussion of this topic.

Thank you!
V/r,
Jim

Jim Newberger
Airworthiness Certification, AIR-6C3
Federal Aviation Administration
202-267-1636 (W)

dgapilot, what is your take on this? WWhunter?

I haven’t been in contact with Kevin on this yet. I’ve been spending a lot of time trying to fight the “scrapped and destroyed” order.

Ok, silver lining for young pilots or old needing a little extra income, put a add in the classifieds here and Barnstormers offering to help keep everybody legal flying along where a medical is needed on board.

Back