• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sun and Fun Postponed.. possibly cancelled. Final decision April 17th.

irishfield

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada
Fyi...

Attachments

• SunNFun2020NewDates.jpg
    SunNFun2020NewDates.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 171
Oshkosh next?

Might be but a big difference between these shows, Oskosh is an EAA owned event, S&F is not.
Osh has the benefit of this virus possibly or probably wound down or gone.
But there is allot of grounds prep that needs to get done and they might have reduced work parties available.

Money, word I get is EAA has not invested well recently and if Osh is a no go, this could be a major financial issue due to how J. Pelton has been playing his big corporate games with little concern or care for what EAA used to stand for. AKA, all the Whitman display is no longer in the museum. Most every part of the Poberezny heritage is pushed aside.
Many decisions get made with no consultation with the BOD. That is not a good thing.

The loss of the mega income for even one year could be a major problem.

I for one wish the modern military was far less of a presence, it appears that we do not have any fighter aircraft that can make a turn without full afterburners, Not impressed. But they bring money to the table and that is all the organizers care for.
If the F22 is going to be there let them do their very slow maneuvering as they did in 2006. Maybe they no longer have a pilot that can fly slow anymore.

Charlie

I hear the same things from people who are better connected to EAA than I am. I agree 100% with everything you’ve said in your post.

Rich
EAA 277491

Your ignorance is astounding. They bring money because that attracts the public. It takes a crap load of thrust to sustain a 9 G turn and gives the fighter pilot a woody! He lives to turn and burn and show the public what they pay for. These very talented fighter pilots ensure that you sleep tight tonite! They put their lives on the line for you.

I for one wish the modern military was far less of a presence, it appears that we do not have any fighter aircraft that can make a turn without full afterburners, Not impressed. But they bring money to the table and that is all the organizers care for.

Last edited:
It is sad, I still enjoy being there but I truly want some noise canceling ear plugs.
I have no care for the modern jets, they have their own shows to play at and some presence at Osh is fine. But all day long, not for me mate.
With the 75th coming up I would be much happier with hundreds of big recip birds, but they do not pay the millions that Pelton requires for his own pockets. Yah we will get some big iron but lord knows if they will be allowed to do a true morning wakeup. Just so long as it is not dawn to dusk Blue Angles.

I rest my case. Noise canceling earphones. https://www.techradar.com/news/audio/portable-audio/best-noise-cancelling-headphones-1280490

It is sad, I still enjoy being there but I truly want some noise canceling ear plugs.
I have no care for the modern jets, they have their own shows to play at and some presence at Osh is fine. But all day long, not for me mate.
With the 75th coming up I would be much happier with hundreds of big recip birds, but they do not pay the millions that Pelton requires for his own pockets. Yah we will get some big iron but lord knows if they will be allowed to do a true morning wakeup. Just so long as it is not dawn to dusk Blue Angles.

Back