• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How I Kill Viruses...

fobjob

Salt Lake City, Utah
I seldom need to kill any these days, because I’m an old fart and have been exposed to most common ones, and have acquired immunity... But, I’m also keeping my vitamin D, vitamin C, and vitamin A levels up there, along with zinc. Sleep is also very important. The immune system makes most of its molecular weapons during deep sleep. But if you do catch one, I have learned over the years, that there seems to be a critical window of time after initial symptoms appear that preventative actions are very effective. Like:The First Day.
Back when I would get hit with flu-like symptoms at work, I would immediately down 35,000 mg of vitamin C and go home and sleep. All symptoms would be gone when I woke up, with maybe a hint of symptoms the next day, which I would treat the same way, only with 20,000 mg of C. Bowel tolerance goes way up when you are sick, so I experienced none, except some after the second treatment.
I also did the simplest treatment: the hot toddy. After suffering a few days with an annoying respiratory virus, I downed a cup of hot water(didn’t have any whiskey to go with it, dang it), wrapped myself up in blankets leaving a quarter sized hole above my head to breath through, and let myself boil for one and a half hours, which was as long as I could stand. When done, you will be soaked with sweat, and damn glad to get out of those blankets. The virus will be gone. Disclaimer: not all viruses are that temperature sensitive, and there is no data yet that I have found that the Covid virus possesses this Achilles heel.
Nowadays, my standard routine is to dose with nanoparticulate zinc (zi-cam or cold-ez) or nano ionized silver(home-made) to occupy the mooring sites on my cells to slow down the rate of viral infection. This allows the immune system to catch up to the virus and defeat it quickly. Then vitamin C,D,and A and sleep. If it is really gaining ground quickly, I add the boil-in-the-blankets method, but I haven’t had to do that last step in years.

I seldom need to kill any these days, because I’m an old fart and have been exposed to most common ones, and have acquired immunity... But, I’m also keeping my vitamin D, vitamin C, and vitamin A levels up there, along with zinc. Sleep is also very important. The immune system makes most of its molecular weapons during deep sleep. But if you do catch one, I have learned over the years, that there seems to be a critical window of time after initial symptoms appear that preventative actions are very effective. Like:The First Day.
Back when I would get hit with flu-like symptoms at work, I would immediately down 35,000 mg of vitamin C and go home and sleep. All symptoms would be gone when I woke up, with maybe a hint of symptoms the next day, which I would treat the same way, only with 20,000 mg of C. Bowel tolerance goes way up when you are sick, so I experienced none, except some after the second treatment.
I also did the simplest treatment: the hot toddy. After suffering a few days with an annoying respiratory virus, I downed a cup of hot water(didn’t have any whiskey to go with it, dang it), wrapped myself up in blankets leaving a quarter sized hole above my head to breath through, and let myself boil for one and a half hours, which was as long as I could stand. When done, you will be soaked with sweat, and damn glad to get out of those blankets. The virus will be gone. Disclaimer: not all viruses are that temperature sensitive, and there is no data yet that I have found that the Covid virus possesses this Achilles heel.
Nowadays, my standard routine is to dose with nanoparticulate zinc (zi-cam or cold-ez) or nano ionized silver(home-made) to occupy the mooring sites on my cells to slow down the rate of viral infection. This allows the immune system to catch up to the virus and defeat it quickly. Then vitamin C,D,and A and sleep. If it is really gaining ground quickly, I add the boil-in-the-blankets method, but I haven’t had to do that last step in years.

just make sure this is a better world when were all gone.

Theres a lot of truth to what fobjob says.
My wife subscribes to the overdose theory.
I prefer the sweatlodge theory.

Like fobjob days, the key is catching it the second you feel something coming. Or sooner.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Did you read the article Denny linked? Worth thinking about, at least.
Yes. I should be more clear. A LOT of truth in what fobjob says.
Although some zinc may help, ive never been a believer in it. And we have none in the house. My wife ODs on vitamin C for a short period . I dont mess with it either.
I prefer catching it with heat. But have gotten lazy since ive discovered Tylenol cold and flu. That and hot liquids stop most before they start.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Let’s talk about dosage. Start with C. If I took more than 5000 mg now, I’d be camped out on the john for a day. Bowel tolerance goes up dramatically when ill, (some say up to 100,000 mg) so b.t. becomes a measure of how sick you thought you were as opposed to how sick you really were. Kind of a useful test, actually. My daily dose in flu season right now is 4000 mg per day. Ascorbic acid in lactated Ringers is given IV for really big doses beyond bowel tolerance, I could go on about this for a page or three, but China just got 50 tons of it, so some really useful clinical trials are likely to come out of this. Vitamin C is probably the best antitoxin ever discovered, and has even been used in venom clinics.
Vitamin D3. Actually a precursor hormone to the actual vitamin D, it has a long half life of weeks, I’m taking 10,000 units per day....overdose can result in calcification of soft tissues, but you’d have to get more than 20,000 to even get mildly concerned. You could easily get that much in a half hour of sunlight.
Vitamin A. The point here is just to not get too low. I’m taking 30,000 units per day.
Zinc. This is difficult. Copper and zinc fight each other, and the different formulations of zinc absorb at very different rates. I take zinc gluconate at 75 mg per day, and I arrived at that amount (with that formulation )by dosing until the white voids in my fingernails went away.
Colloidal silver. I got into making this stuff when I had many, many urinary tract infections. Two surgeries finally mostly solved that. I also kept my cat alive for nine months with twice a day injections sub-dermal. It kills bacteria very quickly by inhibiting an enzyme the bacteria needs to respirate, and weirdly, works on viruses by inhabiting the mooring sites on the cells that the virus needs to dock to in order to take over the cell. This delays the infection rate just long enough to give the immune system a little critical time to catch up. Ionized zinc does the same thing, but it has to be ionized. The silver has to be made electrically also, and for the same reason.
p.s. A Chinese hospital just ordered a number of large nebulizers along with colloidal silver with the stated purpose of fogging the hospital....be a great bacterial suppressor....the virus kills by pneumonia, usually bacterial from the damage done to the lungs by the cytokines storm in the latter stages of the infection. This is why you want to kill it as early as possible. I keep a nebulizer on the shelf with the idea of a quick and potent dose of antibiotic directly to the lungs in case of pneumonia symptoms, BEFORE submitting yourself to the medical orthodoxy.

Last edited:
I've found that not flying on passenger carrying airliners is good preventative medicine. I've not had even a cold since I pulled that plug nearly 20 years ago.

Water soluble vitamins you can tolerate in mega quantity but at some point it becomes counter productive and overloads kidneys which remove the excessive amount in the body via urinary excretion.. Fat soluble vitamins, such as Vitamin A, are not easily removed and the body begins to store it in the liver to the point it become hepato toxic and you damage your liver.

Normal doses of vitamin A are not associated with liver injury or liver test abnormalities, but higher doses (generally more than 40,000 IU daily, ~12,000 μg) can be toxic. Acute toxicity is caused by a single or a few repeated very high doses (generally >100 times the RDA), arising within days to weeks with a typical symptom complex of severe headache, nausea, vertigo, blurred vision, muscle aches and lack of coordination, followed by skin desquamation and alopecia. Severe overdose can cause increased cerebral spinal fluid pressure, progressive drowsiness and coma. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK548165/

Like everything in life--- moderation. Individuals have varying effectiveness of their own immune system. It may be productive on understanding how the human immune system functions ie fever, swelling, etc. The 1918 Spanish flu killed the young and healthy as they possessed highly charged immune systems and the immune response to the 1918 influenza virus is what killed them. The very young ( children) and the elderly faired remarkably well. It's interesting piece of history--- in 1918 Donald Trump's grandfather was out walking with his children in Germany. Two days later he was dead from the Spanish Influenza. May explain Trump's aversion to "germs." "On May 29, 1918, while walking with his son Fred, Trump suddenly felt extremely sick and was rushed to bed. The next day, he was dead. What was first diagnosed as pneumonia turned out to be one of the early cases of the Spanish flu, which caused millions of deaths around the world.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP]:116[/SUP] He was 49 years old. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Trump

Warm blooded mammals have been around for about 210 million years. That's plenty of time for the mammalian immune system to learn its s**t. If you get a virus, go with what your body wants to do. Get out of your immune system's way. If you are thirsty, drink fluids. If you are not hungry, don't eat. If you are shivering and your instincts tell you to bundle up, do it. Gargling salt water helps with sore throat for a little while though, I must say.

If you start coughing up junk from your lungs, go to a doctor right away though. Viruses are the start off point for a lot of bacterial pneumonia episodes. For all of us old guys - while the coronavirus thing is going around, go to the Dr. if your temp goes over 101.0 - we are the ones who will be dying in this epidemic. The women are faring better. If you are sick, STAY HOME until this is over.

I was at first heartened to hear that the group most at risk was the already sick, and the elderly. Then I realized, I'm elderly! My regime is lots of fresh outside air, as little interaction with others in large groups as possible, (which is pretty much my usual thing anyway) unless it's on a chairlift, and get the heart rate up a couple times a day by walking fast uphill and/or taking a bike ride. I haven't eat red meat or fowl since 1972, which doesn't mean squat, but I never get sick, can't remember the last time anyway. The Washington state death.....too damn close to Idaho. From a purely mathematical point of view, it will be interesting to watch how the virus propagates. From a financial point of view, there is money to be made I suppose, but I am glad I am not the head of the Corona beer company! The other beer companies, without the virus name in their product's name, must be breathing a sigh of relief. Seriously, can you imagine the financial upheaval if it was called "Budweiservirus?"

Just starting to read this, I had a flu shot in highschool, early or mid '70s. Only time I have been truly sick. Was that not the Swine flu? Never had a flu shot since.
Actually '92 I was pretty sick for two days. Not sure what that was. So I normally do not even pay attention to all these scares, be they real or not. I guess this one might be real.
But I was thinking a bit early this week when a thread tap I bought from Wuhan arrived on DHL, humm.
So next weekend we are traveling down to Conn. for a few days of an intensive EAA Chapter leaders training. So we are going from our little cold sheltered home down to a warmer more monied place where people actually travel. So I am thinking the cheap motel might be better than the Hilton I am booked in since it is just the locals having fun in the cheap place. Naa, I drive a classic car and would like it to still be there in the morning.
I do think I will stick to my Makers Mark rather than Corona though.

28866ca.jpg

Attachments

• 28866ca.jpg
    28866ca.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 193
About 40 miles from me is a very large Corona malt plant (Idaho is a major malt for beer grower), and I am watching the local media, to see if there are any local repercussions, yet. Maybe it's a brewery also, all I know is it's huge, and the sign outside says CORONA. I'd hate to hear about layoffs there.....https://www.prweek.com/article/1675555/corona-hits-back-misinformation-brand-damage-coronavirus

I've done a fair bit of crane work at some of our malt plants, malt is a pretty big part of our AG economy here.

I can speak only from my experience with viruses. I'm a healthy guy, rarely get what's going around. When I feel a bit off during the day, I go to bed early, drink lots of liquids and pull the covers over my head. The results are invariably satisfactory. I'm 88.

For viruses I prefer liberal application of good bourbon or rye, although that does occasionally develop into bottle flu.

In all seriousness I've had better luck treating respiratory viruses using hot toddies than anything else. No kidding.

Being my wife and I are traveling down country for an EAA training function for 3 days we expect some chance of contact. I started low doses of Zinc a few days ago. Will utilize moderate doses of Bourbon to reduce chances of ingesting anything nasty. There will be no added water since I have seen what that will do to the bottom of a ship.
And a small bottle of grain alcohol for rinsing our hands after greetings.

For viruses I prefer liberal application of good bourbon or rye, although that does occasionally develop into bottle flu.

In all seriousness I've had better luck treating respiratory viruses using hot toddies than anything else. No kidding.
I've found that a shallow jigger of TheraRum often does the trick

Back