• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hangar cams

stewartb

I'm a fan of webcams for my property including inside the hangar. Not so much for security, I have a system for that, but in the hangar I just like to glance at the planes when traveling. I recently bought a 2 pack of wifi cams by Wyze. I prefer cams that use plug-in power and these do. My pirep is that they work great, the app to view them in 1080hd is free, they have free cloud recording, setup was super simple, have motion alerts, two way audio, and the two pack on Amazon Prime cost $47.00. Wifi webcams have come a long way and the prices have really dropped. These are way better than the ADT cams or the DVR hard-wired system I have elsewhere. Just an FYI from a happy customer.

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-Wireless-Detection-Assistant/dp/B076H3SRXG?th=1

I have them too, work great. Fun tip, they have a mic and speaker. I put one in the room watching our 2 5 mo old Huskys when we are out of the house, if i catch them getting too wild I just say stop, they both look at the camera and go lay down.

I use the Arlo system at my shop to check if power is out also....

I need to add one in sump well at girlfriends so i don't need to go open cover to make sure pump has run....

0C594B4D-DB5C-4FC7-BF89-0FE5E86B6BC3.jpgWyze Cameras do a really good job

Attachments

• 0C594B4D-DB5C-4FC7-BF89-0FE5E86B6BC3.jpg
    0C594B4D-DB5C-4FC7-BF89-0FE5E86B6BC3.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 206
I've got the Blink system (finally, after being ripped off). Love the mic/audio and it tells me if it loses connection to internet for any reason. The motion sensor mode just makes me feel better.

Web

I have had the Blink system at my home and cabin for quite awhile, got them when they were cheap. Problem is the motion sensors do not have the range I would like.
Has anyone tried the Wyze sensors, thinking I could set up sensors farther away past the camera sensor range, linked to trigger camera, thus extending range? How about the bulbs and outlets. Again thinking sensors to trigger cams and lights? Although not sure how far away sensors will trigger those other devices. Wyze was supposed to have a battery operated outdoor cam by now but have not seen it.

I have one Wyze camera facing out a window towards a pole building with a motion light on it about 180 feet away. When the motion light comes on it triggers the camera. I know this because a damn raccoon kept setting it off about 1130 every night for a while.

I have had the Blink system at my home and cabin for quite awhile, got them when they were cheap. Problem is the motion sensors do not have the range I would like.
Has anyone tried the Wyze sensors, thinking I could set up sensors farther away past the camera sensor range, linked to trigger camera, thus extending range? How about the bulbs and outlets. Again thinking sensors to trigger cams and lights? Although not sure how far away sensors will trigger those other devices. Wyze was supposed to have a battery operated outdoor cam by now but have not seen it.

Agree about the range of the motion sensor. But in my applications they work well.

I'm wondering if a game camera wouldn't be a good choice for outdoors? Motion sensors and weatherproofed already.

Web

Back when I was doing solar work, one off grid customer knew I was on the job site via his smart phone. This really impressed me as it was about 10 years ago, and the 120 VAC inverter was not on, so somehow all done through the cell phone I guess, pretty cool.

Well they just did a study on the Ring door bell in 26 cities, 13 of those cities have not made a single arrest based on a ring door bell camera and the other 13 minimally use it...so if you get your jollies off on looking at your junk, that is fine but don't expect your local sheriff to do much with it.

Wyze offers an exterior model. To me it looks like the same cam with a visor, but I don't know squat. Except digital cams are temperature sensitive. Read the specs.

Well they just did a study on the Ring door bell in 26 cities, 13 of those cities have not made a single arrest based on a ring door bell camera and the other 13 minimally use it...so if you get your jollies off on looking at your junk, that is fine but don't expect your local sheriff to do much with it.

50% is still better than 0%.
I’ve had security cameras on multiple properties for 20yrs. 1st system cost 10k, now better systems under $500.
The stuff I’ve captured on camera has been priceless!
Only 1 arrest & conviction so far. A suspicious vehicle kept stopping at the mouth of my driveway, it finally came down the driveway, parked, & 2 men got out & started peaking in through the windows of my vacation home.
When they saw the camera monitor screen they left in a hurry! I had clear shots of faces, vehicle & license plate.
Called sheriffs department & emailed them video. 2 weeks later state prosecutor contacts me to sign release of video for prosecution of these 2 guys. They were charged with breaking & entering, theft & vandalism of 27 different properties within the county.
Any form of surveillance is priceless in my opinion, even if for your own entertainment or piece of mind!

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
Always pays to be acquainted with your Sheriff, first stop I made at the Court House when we bought our little ranch. Liked him and followed up with a small campaign contribution...

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2 Bucks.jpg
    2 Bucks.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 144
  • 6 Deer.jpg
    6 Deer.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 162
Back