• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

LC-18 pod paperwork problem

BritishCubBloke

SPONSOR
Bellingen, NSW, Australia
I think I've been very stupid. I bought an LC-18 Airglas pod from a hangar sale in Alaska last summer. I know the tail number of the aircraft it apparently came off, but I neglected to check it has a data plate and serial before I bought it. It doesn't. I need to put it on a certified PA18.

Have I just bought a very expensive car roof box or is there anything I can do?

Why does a pod need to have a data tag and serial number to be legal. Alaskan Bushpod uses a sticker which I removed to paint. If the installer can identify the part I don't see the issue but I could be missing something.

If Jim Hammer is still at Airglas, he maybe able to help you. I’m guessing you just want the paperwork. If I was in your shoes....install it, use it then take it off before annual. Takes 20-30 min once you’ve done it.

I had to bring my belly tank into Landis and have them inspect it before they would issue a data tag and paperwork. They explained there were some counterfeit out there that they would not issue a data tag for

I had to bring my belly tank into Landis and have them inspect it before they would issue a data tag and paperwork. They explained there were some counterfeit out there that they would not issue a data tag for

Thanks, everyone. I shall suggest this to Airglas if they don't want to give me paperwork.

There have been “replica” Cessna pods out there for decades. Original Cessna pods can be (are) impossible to identify from these. So, why not create a Cub pod, if you’re set up to do glass?

MTV

Back