• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Commercial Pilot Visiting Anchorage for 3 nights, seeking accomodations!

ChrisN2675V

Spokane, WA
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a commercial pilot with 530 hours TT seeking a flying job in Alaska. I grew up in Spokane, WA where I restored a 1948 Cessna 170 ragwing that I've proudly been flying for the last several years. Something I've learned about Alaska is that the best way to get a job is to actually show up in person with a resume and a good handshake.

I'm planning a trip from Spokane to Anchorage in Feb for three days so that I can visit as many businesses as possible. I'm a 24 year old, hungry pilot just looking for a couch for a few nights and someone to share some flying stories with. If you're reading this and have any advice, I would really appreciate it! I've attached a picture of me with my airplane to this message so that you have a face to go along with the name! :)

Thank you,

Chris Hartis
N2675V | KSFF
Chris and Betsie.jpg

Attachments

• Chris and Betsie.jpg
    Chris and Betsie.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 159
The Puffin hotel on Spenard is cheap and close to Hageland and Grant offices. Tell them you’re a pilot and you’ll get a discounted rate.

Recognizing that commercial establishments aren't what you're looking for....nevertheless

Puffin in is near the TSAIA / Lake Hood complex...great location.

Bent Prop Inn (two locations in Anchorage) may be just a bit cheaper but not as nicely located...might give it a look.

Still a pay-for-it proposition, but you might search for B&B's....the ones that stay open through the winter might be pretty hungry for clients.

Presuming the weather isn't terrible, no matter your location, a short Uber or Lyft ride will take you to either Merrill or TSAIA / Lake Hood where some walking will get you to most of the flying outfits.

Thank you PA12. I'm thankful that a lot of the flying headquarters are relatively close together. I'll check into Bent Prop as well!

Thank you Ted. I already have my application into them and have left messages. I wonder if they have anyone in Anchorage that I can talk to, or if I have to find a way to get to McCarthy! haha

Back