• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pa18 hd gear

I've had both. They're equals to me. Atlee was better for adding welded ski fittings.

My exp has Airframes Super Duty gear. With 35s the welded in mid step is more useful than I would have thought. I also have a long step but it's too high to reach from the ground.

Last edited:
Atlee gear is aligned correctly, unless Airframes has recently changed their jigs theirs is not. Attach fittings and axle alignment. Through my conversation with the CEO at the time (July) Airframes was working on some issues with their welded parts.

My Atlee 3" extended is perfect. It sits with just a touch of positive camber, and the toe is apparently correct based on tire wear.

Heavy Super Cub on 6:00x6s, used only on pavement for student training. What do you guys think of stock gear legs while I recover the HD legs?

This one is 1200 empty, almost - in part because the previous owner needed every heavy mod he could get his hands on. All my stock gear legs have the 1/2" square tube welded in, but we use them mostly for J3s.

By the way, we measure toe by simply taking measurements front to back on the tire ridges. Zero is best, but the aircraft tolerates a half inch difference (toe in) on 8:00x6 or 4.

3/4" toe in seems to make landing a bit more exciting . . .

Heavy Super Cub on 6:00x6s, used only on pavement for student training. What do you guys think of stock gear legs while I recover the HD legs?

This one is 1200 empty, almost - in part because the previous owner needed every heavy mod he could get his hands on. All my stock gear legs have the 1/2" square tube welded in, but we use them mostly for J3s.
Perfect. Good visibility over the nose, and a little lower CG for those inevitable excursions.

By the way, we measure toe by simply taking measurements front to back on the tire ridges. Zero is best, but the aircraft tolerates a half inch difference (toe in) on 8:00x6 or 4.

3/4" toe in seems to make landing a bit more exciting . . .
Even 1/2" is a LOT on a tire of that diameter.

Atlee gear is aligned correctly, unless Airframes has recently changed their jigs theirs is not. Attach fittings and axle alignment. Through my conversation with the CEO at the time (July) Airframes was working on some issues with their welded parts.

Sure would be nice if they add some brackets for the brake lines on the gear, you know like piper and everyone else does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who's gear doesn't have brackets for the brake lines?

Airframes, and they came powdercoated so i didn't want to weld some on. Ended up using adel clamps, but the welded on clips look much cleaner on uncovered gear. I didn't notice the lack of brackets until the gear was on and i was running the lines

Wen I bought Atlee gear the brake line tabs were right in the way of the long step. They made me a custom long step to get around it. My Airframes gear has no tabs and I'm glad. They wouldn't have fit my brake lines.

Wen I bought Atlee gear the brake line tabs were right in the way of the long step. They made me a custom long step to get around it. My Airframes gear has no tabs and I'm glad. They wouldn't have fit my brake lines.
What brake lines did you run?

Back