• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wrench to remove Continental C-90 Induction Elbows

Maybe it's true of all brands, but IMHO craftsman tools aren't what they were 30 years ago.
I've bought a few things in the past few years (1/4 drive set, yet another 3/8 set),
and they just didn't measure up.

Quite true. Craftsman never made their own tools. 30+ years ago they were made by old-line companies like Easco. Good quality. In the 2000s Apex tool group started making them. That's when we started seeing Craftsman combo wrenches sourced from China.

One of my hobbies is to keep an eye out for new old-stock Craftsman tools. They are getting rare.

During that time when Crapsman tool production was moved overseas they were marketing with adds showing their tools in use in aviation, just that all the pictures were taken in Chinese maintenance facilities.

Craftsman tools were great, by the time I was 15 I owned almost every hand tool they made. I still use them. When I started working as a professional wrench back in the mid 70 I discovered that a lot of time the Craftsman just didn't fit where I needed to go or it added time to the job. The guys I worked with go tired of me borrowing certain Snap on tools from their box. Where Snap on really makes a difference is with their small tool sets just doing a better job. An example, I have a very small Phillips screwdriver that I use when repairing certain alum storm windows, alum corners and SS bevelhead machine screw that most times has not been touched in 50 years. Nothing else but a Snap on will break it loose. I tried everything and they break the tip off first try. Even the Shop on will break after doing 10 or 12 windows. I have 2 of those Phillips drivers and both would be over 30 years old but the handles have been changed a few time because the blades have been replaced over 100 times and wear the handles out. I never was a big Snap on buyer, just bought what I needed. I don't even own a Snap on box. I haven't bought a new Snap on tools in 20 years but the dealer still stops to do my repairs. eBay is a great place to buy whatever tools your looking for. I still buy old Craftsman, Snap on........on ebay
As long as what your using is getting the job done then life is good

Glenn

I agree Glenn, I have a lot of Craftsman tools from my youth but Craftsman doesn't make the tools to get things in tight places. My kids will sell my angle wrenches, 1/4 drive sockets and favorite screw drivers when I go west. Tools are kinda personal. Had to give SJ and Laura a hard time this last week while they were helping do the annual inspection on 4CC for not putting my tools back in their correct spot. ;)

Back