• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil pressure gauge line replacement

sdischer

ATP, CFII, A&P
COLLEGE STATION, TX
My Super Cub has a -4 bulkhead fitting on the firewall with a flex hose to the engine and a copper tube from the firewall to the gauge. Does anyone see a reason why I can't replace the hard line (just the portion inside the AC) with a flex line like Aeroquip 666 stainless braided hose?

Last edited:
That copper line is routinely replaced. I prefer these smaller diameter type hoses as they take up less room than the old school hoses and they are flexible, unlike the hard line.

Of course, you could use an electric gauge with the sensor in the engine bay and only wires passing through the firewall. 8)

Web

That copper line is routinely replaced. I prefer these smaller diameter type hoses as they take up less room than the old school hoses and they are flexible, unlike the hard line.

Of course, you could use an electric gauge with the sensor in the engine bay and only wires passing through the firewall. 8)

Web

ok thanks. It seemed logical but I was concerned I was missing something with that heavy copper tubing inside the cockpit. A hose that is rated for 1500 psi should certainly take 35-40 right? Lol

does engine fitting have restrictor in it???, sounds like someone replaced the original hose setup, and when you do you need to restrict the fitting coming out of engine(incase hose leaks, gives you a little time to get down..)

Back