• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Piper's Rough Adventure

CubDriver218

Minnesota
Some of you already know, and many of you do not, but my Daughter Piper Hope was born on 9/22/18. Piper was born with a Sacrococcygeal Teratoma that was removed when she was 4 days old. When removing the tumor it ruptured, and in the extra margin for error they take out they still found the tumor markers in that. Her doctors have been monitoring her closely and have focused closely on her Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) tumor markers in her blood. The week before Christmas the doctors confirmed that she has another tumor. While it's in the same area, this is a new one in a different location. Since then we have been working with her doctors to get her 4 cycles of chemotherapy scheduled. Well the day has come; Piper had her Port installed and is admitted to the hospital where she is receiving chemotherapy.We are asking for prayers on Pipers behalf. Updates can be found on her CaringBridge website. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/piperdeblack

Pipers aunt Katie Deblack has set-up a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/f/pipers-chemo-support) to help with our upcoming medical expenses and help supplement the lost wages as we will split who is home taking care of Piper because she can't be in daycare until her chemo cycles are over (mid April).

We are asking for prayers for Piper, prayers that the chemo cures her, prayers that she doesn't have any long term side effects. But mostly prayers that she is the same little girl when this is all over. We thank you in advance for the prayers you make on Pipers behalf.

You are welcome to share this post.

Just a little bit more about my baby girl as I can't help myself as a proud father. She's been the best little girl. She hardly ever fusses, she's all smiles. at 15 months old she'll wave good bye and blow you kisses. She get's so excited when I walk in the door and runs to me with open arms which now that I've experienced that I feel it's what life is literally all about.

Assuming everything goes well her long term side effects which are really scary to me are permanent hearing loss, secondary lukemia, etc.
In the short term she's gonna lose her beautiful hair.
We don't even want to talk about if the chemo does not work.

I've been a member on the site for a long time, and I've met and chatted with some really amazing people thanks to Supercub.org.
I'm simply reaching out as I know many of you have been through more than myself, know more than myself etc. So I'm simply asking for prayers for my little girl, and maybe even some advice if you've been in these shoes.

We Sincerely thank you for your time, thoughts, and prayers.

The Deblack's
IMG_20190511_123115.jpg IMG_20190511_150220_1.jpg IMG_20200111_150833.jpg IMG_20200110_085246.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_123115.jpg
    IMG_20190511_123115.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_20190511_150220_1.jpg
    IMG_20190511_150220_1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20200111_150833.jpg
    IMG_20200111_150833.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_20200110_085246.jpg
    IMG_20200110_085246.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
Whoa, that's a big one! All our condolences and prayers headed your way. And all the best to you and your daughter. Miracles DO happen! I've got a friend with a daughter, now happily married, in her 30's and with now with child. She was born with something or other, very rare, wasn't forecast to live past her teens. She's doing great and all involved are very happy. Never give up and thank you for sharing...all the best!

Some of you already know, and many of you do not, but my Daughter Piper Hope was born on 9/22/18. Piper was born with a Sacrococcygeal Teratoma that was removed when she was 4 days old. When removing the tumor it ruptured, and in the extra margin for error they take out they still found the tumor markers in that. Her doctors have been monitoring her closely and have focused closely on her Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) tumor markers in her blood. The week before Christmas the doctors confirmed that she has another tumor. While it's in the same area, this is a new one in a different location. Since then we have been working with her doctors to get her 4 cycles of chemotherapy scheduled. Well the day has come; Piper had her Port installed and is admitted to the hospital where she is receiving chemotherapy.We are asking for prayers on Pipers behalf. Updates can be found on her CaringBridge website. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/piperdeblack
Pipers aunt Katie Deblack has set-up a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/f/pipers-chemo-support) to help with our upcoming medical expenses and help supplement the lost wages as we will split who is home taking care of Piper because she can't be in daycare until her chemo cycles are over (mid April).
We are asking for prayers for Piper, prayers that the chemo cures her, prayers that she doesn't have any long term side effects. But mostly prayers that she is the same little girl when this is all over. We thank you in advance for the prayers you make on Pipers behalf.
You are welcome to share this post.

Just a little bit more about my baby girl as I can't help myself as a proud father. She's been the best little girl. She hardly ever fusses, she's all smiles. at 15 months old she'll wave good bye and blow you kisses. She get's so excited when I walk in the door and runs to me with open arms which now that I've experienced that I feel it's what life is literally all about.

Assuming everything goes well her long term side effects which are really scary to me are permanent hearing loss, secondary lukemia, etc.
In the short term she's gonna lose her beautiful hair.
We don't even want to talk about if the chemo does not work.

I've been a member on the site for a long time, and I've met and chatted with some really amazing people thanks to Supercub.org.
I'm simply reaching out as I know many of you have been through more than myself, know more than myself etc. So I'm simply asking for prayers for my little girl, and maybe even some advice if you've been in these shoes.

We Sincerely thank you for your time, thoughts, and prayers.

The Deblack's

Rick,

Thanks for letting us know! You will definitely be in our thoughts. The just keep getting better and better at dealing with this kind of thing, and we will pray for the very best for Piper!

sj

Our daughter’s share the same name, mine’s 1 1/2 months younger. Can’t imagine what you’re going through. Good luck brother, we’ll be praying.

The Chandlers are praying for Piper and the family. Stay strong Dad, and thank you for sharing.

Take care of that beautiful little girl and keep the dirty side down!

Please keep us updated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

This news saddened me the other day when speaking to Richard and learning of the enemy his precious daughter is fighting. After getting off the phone with him I was humbled by the positive attitude he displayed in dealing with what is simply the worst thing a father could ever face. Richard, your daughter is in great hands at the children's hospital, and in your family's care. You are in good hands here sharing your journey through this difficult situation with all of us. You should know that almost any of those reading will do whatever they can to support you during this time. If you need something, just ask. All of us here are praying for for your Piper and we are looking forward to the good news as you learn it. Keep us updated and we will keep your family in our prayers.

Rick definitely thoughts and prayer from here. All the best to you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

"But for the grace of God, go I"..... You've all got prayers for peace and healing coming from Montana!!
John

Back