Thread: Piper's Rough Adventure

Post Thanks / Like

Piper's Rough Adventure

Some of you already know, and many of you do not, but my Daughter Piper Hope was born on 9/22/18. Piper was born with a Sacrococcygeal Teratoma that was removed when she was 4 days old. When removing the tumor it ruptured, and in the extra margin for error they take out they still found the tumor markers in that. Her doctors have been monitoring her closely and have focused closely on her Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) tumor markers in her blood. The week before Christmas the doctors confirmed that she has another tumor. While it's in the same area, this is a new one in a different location. Since then we have been working with her doctors to get her 4 cycles of chemotherapy scheduled. Well the day has come; Piper had her Port installed and is admitted to the hospital where she is receiving chemotherapy.We are asking for prayers on Pipers behalf. Updates can be found on her CaringBridge website. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/piperdeblack

Pipers aunt Katie Deblack has set-up a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/f/pipers-chemo-support) to help with our upcoming medical expenses and help supplement the lost wages as we will split who is home taking care of Piper because she can't be in daycare until her chemo cycles are over (mid April).

We are asking for prayers for Piper, prayers that the chemo cures her, prayers that she doesn't have any long term side effects. But mostly prayers that she is the same little girl when this is all over. We thank you in advance for the prayers you make on Pipers behalf.

You are welcome to share this post.

Just a little bit more about my baby girl as I can't help myself as a proud father. She's been the best little girl. She hardly ever fusses, she's all smiles. at 15 months old she'll wave good bye and blow you kisses. She get's so excited when I walk in the door and runs to me with open arms which now that I've experienced that I feel it's what life is literally all about.

Assuming everything goes well her long term side effects which are really scary to me are permanent hearing loss, secondary lukemia, etc.
    In the short term she's gonna lose her beautiful hair.
    We don't even want to talk about if the chemo does not work.

I've been a member on the site for a long time, and I've met and chatted with some really amazing people thanks to Supercub.org.
    I'm simply reaching out as I know many of you have been through more than myself, know more than myself etc. So I'm simply asking for prayers for my little girl, and maybe even some advice if you've been in these shoes.

We Sincerely thank you for your time, thoughts, and prayers.

The Deblack's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190511_123115.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	46445 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190511_150220_1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	46446 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200111_150833.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	46447 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200110_085246.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	46448
    Last edited by CubDriver218; 01-12-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa, that's a big one! All our condolences and prayers headed your way. And all the best to you and your daughter. Miracles DO happen! I've got a friend with a daughter, now happily married, in her 30's and with now with child. She was born with something or other, very rare, wasn't forecast to live past her teens. She's doing great and all involved are very happy. Never give up and thank you for sharing...all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by CubDriver218 View Post
    Some of you already know, and many of you do not, but my Daughter Piper Hope was born on 9/22/18. Piper was born with a Sacrococcygeal Teratoma that was removed when she was 4 days old. When removing the tumor it ruptured, and in the extra margin for error they take out they still found the tumor markers in that. Her doctors have been monitoring her closely and have focused closely on her Alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) tumor markers in her blood. The week before Christmas the doctors confirmed that she has another tumor. While it's in the same area, this is a new one in a different location. Since then we have been working with her doctors to get her 4 cycles of chemotherapy scheduled. Well the day has come; Piper had her Port installed and is admitted to the hospital where she is receiving chemotherapy.We are asking for prayers on Pipers behalf. Updates can be found on her CaringBridge website. https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/piperdeblack
    Pipers aunt Katie Deblack has set-up a GoFundMe campaign (https://www.gofundme.com/f/pipers-chemo-support) to help with our upcoming medical expenses and help supplement the lost wages as we will split who is home taking care of Piper because she can't be in daycare until her chemo cycles are over (mid April).
    We are asking for prayers for Piper, prayers that the chemo cures her, prayers that she doesn't have any long term side effects. But mostly prayers that she is the same little girl when this is all over. We thank you in advance for the prayers you make on Pipers behalf.
    You are welcome to share this post.

Just a little bit more about my baby girl as I can't help myself as a proud father. She's been the best little girl. She hardly ever fusses, she's all smiles. at 15 months old she'll wave good bye and blow you kisses. She get's so excited when I walk in the door and runs to me with open arms which now that I've experienced that I feel it's what life is literally all about.

Assuming everything goes well her long term side effects which are really scary to me are permanent hearing loss, secondary lukemia, etc.
    In the short term she's gonna lose her beautiful hair.
    We don't even want to talk about if the chemo does not work.

I've been a member on the site for a long time, and I've met and chatted with some really amazing people thanks to Supercub.org.
    I'm simply reaching out as I know many of you have been through more than myself, know more than myself etc. So I'm simply asking for prayers for my little girl, and maybe even some advice if you've been in these shoes.

We Sincerely thank you for your time, thoughts, and prayers.

The Deblack's
    Thanks CubDriver218 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,

Thanks for letting us know! You will definitely be in our thoughts. The just keep getting better and better at dealing with this kind of thing, and we will pray for the very best for Piper!

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Likes CubDriver218 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for and thinking positive thoughts for Piper!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Our daughter’s share the same name, mine’s 1 1/2 months younger. Can’t imagine what you’re going through. Good luck brother, we’ll be praying.

Post Thanks / Like
    You, Piper and your whole family is in our prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Chandlers are praying for Piper and the family. Stay strong Dad, and thank you for sharing.

Take care of that beautiful little girl and keep the dirty side down!

Please keep us updated as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Praying for Piper.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    This news saddened me the other day when speaking to Richard and learning of the enemy his precious daughter is fighting. After getting off the phone with him I was humbled by the positive attitude he displayed in dealing with what is simply the worst thing a father could ever face. Richard, your daughter is in great hands at the children's hospital, and in your family's care. You are in good hands here sharing your journey through this difficult situation with all of us. You should know that almost any of those reading will do whatever they can to support you during this time. If you need something, just ask. All of us here are praying for for your Piper and we are looking forward to the good news as you learn it. Keep us updated and we will keep your family in our prayers.
    Likes Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers here for that little sweetheart and family.
    Practicing open cockpit extremism

Post Thanks / Like
    May I drag this item to the top of the page - in case some of you missed it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry to hear about Piper, I believe in the power of prayer and will put her in our prayers.
    Mick Capouch
    PA-18 150 N6TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Please do.
    Last edited by CubDriver218; Yesterday at 03:22 PM. Reason: .
    Fast or slow, always low, freedom of flight soothes the soul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please do.
    Quote Originally Posted by iancallier View Post
    May I drag this item to the top of the page - in case some of you missed it!
    Fast or slow, always low, freedom of flight soothes the soul.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick definitely thoughts and prayer from here. All the best to you and your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    No words... Praying for a full recovery

Post Thanks / Like
    "But for the grace of God, go I"..... You've all got prayers for peace and healing coming from Montana!!
    John