• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Raw Material list for Super Cub Build

Hi Everyone,
I started to assemble a material (steel) list for the tail, fuse fittings, etc for the Super Cub off the northland drawings. Figured I would ask if anyone had a list already before I continue. If not I'll make one and post it!

Cheers,
Lee

I am pretty sure I have this list put together for the fuselage and gear and such. I will look tomorrow and post it if I can find it.

Im kinda in the same boat.... I was about to put together all the 4130 tubes on the northlands 22102 and see how many 10 or 20ft sticks of each size i need to order. I think after 3 years of trying to talk myslef out of doing this im going to pull the trigger on this build. Im not going to scratch build the wings though. I think ill go with the D&E kit unless i can find somthing (a kit) without staped ribs. Let me know what you come up with if you're going to do it. Ill probably do it this weekend if you dont

Out of curiosity what did that V3R kit cost. Did you buy all the tubing from them including the tail feathers?

One of the couple guys who did the v3r kit on youtube said it was like 4500 bucks. There's two or three short build video series on there with different details.

I'd guess it may be a bit more with inflation and material prices so don't quote a guy from the internet who just watched some youtube videos. haha

Basic fuselage kit is was $4200. I bought the wing/strut attach brackets and the landing gear kit and it came to around $5500. The kit is complete and I'm working on the landing gear now. Everything has fit amazing!

Back