• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

online / app based airplane maintenance tracker?

daedgerton

PATRON
Arlington, VA
Is anyone out there using an online / iPhone app based maintenance tracker? Looking for an app where I can keep track of when items are due, oil changes, AD's etc... I'm obviously not an A&P but would like to have something that is beyond paper...

Anyone have any ideas of products out there?

Oil Change every 25 hours
Exhaust AD every 50/100 hours
Fuel valve detents at annual

I am not sure how these online trackers work.

The company subscribed to a maintenance tracking program for a Citation I flew commercially. About $3k per year. That one was run by Cessna, but there are companies out there that will do it for less.

Use the Excel program on your computer and save a bunch of money.

Oil Change every 25 hours
Exhaust AD every 50/100 hours
Fuel valve detents at annual

I am not sure how these online trackers work.

Definitely overkill for a Cub but I'm sort of a data / gadget nerd... 11.213 hours till oil change...

We use CAMP at work for the 2 helicopters but they are twin engine and and multiple component inspections at various time... Plus, CAMP was free with the purchase of a 6 million dollar helo, what a bargain.

I'm sure there is some free app out there just haven't dug that far. Excel works too...

Old school-- white board with dry-erase markers.
Seen that done to track fleet maintenance at flight schools & flying services for years.
To me it seems like overkill for a single airplane,
but one pilot I know does it -- she even includes her own medical & BFR.
Somehow she's overshot just about every item at least once over the years...:roll:

I cn se a use for something like this for he airplanes I maintain so I have a heads up prior to the arrival of the airplane for inspection.

Maybe look into this one, local guy that put a lot of work into it. I talked to him at length during design but have not tried it yet. I use EBIS for the shop and this appears to be plane focused for the owner/pilot. He has shown me the format of what the shop gets at annual time, I liked that.
https://www.crewchiefsystems.com/
Not an endorsement, just a product that's out there. I would try it but my plane projects are going on the market and I don't guess I will be flying as pilot.
He flys a Mooney, don't hold it against him. He will see the error of his ways some day.
Ken

That seems pretty cool... Thanks fro sharing. I also found an app called Coflyt that seems decent.

Back