• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dimensions on Drawing

Aeronut

Kittery, ME
I'm drawing up ribs from drawing 40562 in SolidWorks so that I can get them cut. What am I missing about the "D" dimension? It's not explicitly written on the drawing. If I had to guess I would assume it's a function of the hole radius and bend radius added together. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you!

Use R2 if the rib has a radiused end, or D if the rib has a squared end. The -2, -3, -4 etc rib is used in different locations as indicated on 40622 (rudder), 40572 (elevator), 12770 (elevator), 12769 (horiz stab) etc.

Wayne

I'm drawing up ribs from drawing 40562 in SolidWorks so that I can get them cut. What am I missing about the "D" dimension? It's not explicitly written on the drawing. If I had to guess I would assume it's a function of the hole radius and bend radius added together. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you!

You should be able to get it if you are using the correct relations in your sketch. What year of Solidworks are you using?

Tim

Yes, are the ribs for the elevator and stab.

I see, so D in some cases and R2 in others. That makes with what‘s on the deawing.

I forget which version of SolidWorks but I can check the relations. But it still seems a bit open to interpretation. For example, if I use R2 then do I include another 1/16“ on either side of that so that I can bend the steel for the sidewalls in accordance with the drawing? This would result in a D dimension of R2+2(1/16)=D unless I‘m wrong.

Thank you for your quick answers!

Back