• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

LONE STAR STOL Competition

DougJackson

The first annual LONE STAR STOL Competition is coming March 14th! The location is Gainesville Texas KGLE, about 50 miles north of DFW. It will be a standard STOL format with 4 classes.
On Saturday night we will have a Crawfish Boil and live music after the awards banquet.
The spectators will have a front row seat to the event, and there is ample parking on the grass for those that fly in and camp.
Make plans to come see this great event that will introduce the flying public to the fastest growing segment of aviation!
More details in the coming days, including a Facebook page and signup forms.

Gainsville will be a great location. Antique Aircraft Association moved their Texas Fly In there many years ago and use the same infield as a grass runway and it is close to the terminal and the ramp. Look forward to this one Doug, can't wait. I am sure we will have a lot more discussion at our gravel bar meetings.

The first annual LONE STAR STOL Competition is coming March 14th! The location is Gainesville Texas KGLE, about 50 miles north of DFW. It will be a standard STOL format with 4 classes.
On Saturday night we will have a Crawfish Boil and live music after the awards banquet.
The spectators will have a front row seat to the event, and there is ample parking on the grass for those that fly in and camp.
Make plans to come see this great event that will introduce the flying public to the fastest growing segment of aviation!
More details in the coming days, including a Facebook page and signup forms.

Running the 340 in the heavy class?

Doesn't take long for the trash talking to ensue....one of my favorite parts of STOL comps;-)

A new OUTLAW Certifield class.

Kevin better get his priorities straight, I'm sure his wife can find someone else to take her skiing.

My only hope is a STOL date change or a weather cancelation. I think an April date would even be better. Someone talk to Doug:p

I talked to your wife before I talked to Doug so I knew when the best date was for the contest. More than one way to skin a cat. ;)

An unnamed source is reporting that there was a secret meeting Sunday at an undisclosed Brazos location between the N Texas STOL boys regarding who will win first, second and third. Straws were allegedly drawn for placing and them a plan was formed to ensure that will happen. More reports to follow......

406D9544-9940-461A-839F-A3E692AE9600.jpg

Attachments

• 406D9544-9940-461A-839F-A3E692AE9600.jpg
    406D9544-9940-461A-839F-A3E692AE9600.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 285
Ha, we cussed and discussed a lot including some whipped former STOL pilot but am afraid there will be to many irons in that fire to predict.

Well the original FB page link was shown below and shows cancelled. Looks like the page name was changed to 2020 Lonestar STOL Competition. Got it now.

New Page
2020 Lonestar STOL Competition and Fly-in

Public · Hosted by Doug Jackson

OLD PAGE shows cancelled
First Annual Lonestar STOL Competition and Fly-in

Public · Hosted by Jackson Drilling Services,L.P.

Ah, I just searched Lonestar STOL. He must have changed the page. It is still a go. Glad Doug is the point man on this, he has lots to announce. Kevin better find him a stand in to take his wife skiing.

Dang! ya'll gave me a heart attack! LOL
It's definitely on, and I have no idea why the one page showed cancelled. I was trying to boost the event and that may have affected how it showed up in the search.
I will be announcing the purse and some other cool stuff in the next day or so.
Please share the Facebook page with all your friends and help me get the word out!

Dang! ya'll gave me a heart attack! LOL
It's definitely on, and I have no idea why the one page showed cancelled. I was trying to boost the event and that may have affected how it showed up in the search.
I will be announcing the purse and some other cool stuff in the next day or so.
Please share the Facebook page with all your friends and help me get the word out!
Are you going to give Kevin's wife a purse if he shows up? Gucci? Coach?

Back