• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

LONE STAR STOL Competition

I’ll be there.
I’m bringing along a couple of Whirlwind GA props for people to demo (I’m a dealer)
sounds like a really fun event.
looking forward to meeting a bunch of you there and perhaps go gravel bar hopping.

No gravel on the Red River around Gaineville, all sand. Soft, fluffy sand, real cushy. And mud.

I'll be there.

Eddie

Weather permitting I'll get there Thurs. Leave Sunday.

Curious what "The World's Lightest SkyWagon" weighs?

Mine is 1525 lbs. on 8.50's and 1575 lbs. on 31" ABW. Thats with the back seat out and 5 gals of unusable fuel.

Lou

Last edited:
Headed that way Monday morning. Hope to see you all there. Let’s do a super cub.org breakfast or lunch one day. Fri morning

jim

Weighed or guestimated?

Eddie

Mine is 1525 lbs. on 8.50's and 1575 lbs. on 31" ABW. Thats with the back seat out and 5 gals of unusable fuel.

Lou

Certified race car scales. If I went with logbook weights it comes in at 1485 lbs.

What year 180 is it? Getting that light would take some doing. Titanium gear legs, no float kit, empty panel? Some years the TCDS specifies empty weight does not include engine oil, weird.

1954. O-470A. Bone stock. Upgraded minimal glass panel. No vac system. Back seat out. EarthX battery. Desser 8.50 smoothies. It does have a full interior. Hartzell 83” 2 blade.
No float kit.
Lou

I have some swamp land in Florida for sale!

1954. O-470A. Bone stock. Upgraded minimal glass panel. No vac system. Back seat out. EarthX battery. Desser 8.50 smoothies. It does have a full interior. Hartzell 83” 2 blade.
No float kit.
Lou

Eddie

Lou

I'll bring the scales and a measuring tape, and the tape is not for measuring take off and landing distances.

on the line.png

It's time to start practicing.

Attachments

• on the line.png
    on the line.png
    561.8 KB · Views: 306
Your point is? I landed. George was flying but I told him what to do. Try listening to the radar altimeter announce "50, 40 30" and you can't see Dick! Better than getting shot at and ejecting from an airplane that was trying to kill me.

At this stage in my life I have nothing to prove to anyone. Crappy weather and little single engine airplanes are a combination I strive to avoid.

I thought CAT III required an autoland system?

Last edited:
Your point is? I landed. George was flying but I told him what to do. Try listening to the radar altimeter announce "50, 40 30" and you can't see Dick! Better than getting shot at and ejecting from an airplane that was trying to kill me.

At this stage in my life I have nothing to prove to anyone. Crappy weather and little single engine airplanes are a combination I strive to avoid.

Just pushing your buttons. That one was easy to find :-D

Dang! Wish we could go. The traveling plane is in a very extensive (expensive) annual, and we have company on the weekend.

I talked with Doug the other day and it sounds like it is going to be an awesome event!

Have fun everybody, be safe, and take some awesome 2021 calendar pictures!

sj

P..S. My 180 weighs 1068... or is it 1608... something like that :lol:

"My 180 weighs 1068... or is it 1608... something like that"

And I thought Supercub pilots were big liars. In case you forgot, the three biggest lies at a Supercub fly-in:
1. My empty weight is 970
2. She cruises at 115 on 31" Bushwheels and 3" open main landing gear with a 82-41 Borer
3. I won the belt buckle at the big STOL contest

Thanks. cubscout

I’ll be there. Driving in......unless someone has an extra seat near the Hicks airport��

Looking like rain and IFR conditions will keep me home. The price you pay when going with a VFR airplane. Hoped to catch up with folks. Next chance is Triple Tree and SnF.
Lou

Looking like rain and IFR conditions will keep me home. The price you pay when going with a VFR airplane. Hoped to catch up with folks. Next chance is Triple Tree and SnF.
Lou

Come by the ultralight field at snf and say hi. Will be there all week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie

Lou

Lou

Mine is 1549 with the seat and vacuum system in it regular battery gen etc. So we aren't too far off.
I've got some room to play if I decide to start tinkering with it.
Need to weight it again tho. that was done years ago.
Same year and engine.

Back