• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

LONE STAR STOL Competition

'56 tall gear 182. Best stock STOL airplane ever built other than the Helio Courier.

I was talking with a 182 driver the other day with the Peterson canard on the nose. He said something about 38 mph, could have been knots, touchdown speed. Not bad for something big as a Suburban baggage wise!

Great write up Steve! Thanks

All the reports I’ve heard have been similar. There were a few hiccups in the scoring but overall looks like a great job. I’m sure they learned a lot and the second one will be even better.

Congrats Doug, hope to see you at the next one!

A good interview with Doug on how this whole event got started from Sunday morning bar hopping banter to a great event and now a series. Too Cool. 8)

Any hint of when and where the next event will be? I’m sure this is a premature question with everything being a “wait and see” deal but I’ll ask it anyway.

Any hint of when and where the next event will be? I’m sure this is a premature question with everything being a “wait and see” deal but I’ll ask it anyway.
Kevin, we are still planning on teaming up with Jeff Pohl on the Sodbusters STOL event in late July/early August, assuming C-19 restrictions are lifted by then. We are planning on moving this event to KCBG (Cambridge, Minnesota). This is a much larger venue that will be a better fit for the size of event we are planning. Also, I have been in talks with the folks at Sun N Fun, and we are in the planning stages of a joint Experimental fly in/ STOL event on the first week of October. This is not finalized, but is looking very promising. It will be a fairly large event, and we will use this as a kickoff for our National STOL Series in 2021.
On that note, we launched the new website last night! NationalSTOL.com Take a look and let me know what ya'll think.

I interviewed Doug the other day for the podcast, should be up soon, just finishing up the edits.

sj

Back