• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New pilot considering a 11 project

Looked at the range and it looks like a great platform. And would have ordered a fusalage kit yesterday but the wait time is 12 to 16 months. After sitting in a 11 have decided to go with a super cub fusalage, don't see any advantage of a 11 with 18 top dech but might be wrong. That's what you guys are for. Talked to vr3 engineering regarding a 18 fusalage kit. Have been told that there kits are so precise that a jog is not needed. What do you think?

if you build your frame thats also going to take some time, depends on your talent. and time for project. and cash. and also wanted to add, think about the wider frame, interested how much more weight the wide frame is over standard. ive never heard of a wide frame hurting anything performance wise.

Last edited:
Building the basic fuselage frame from a VR3 kit should be pretty easy. Just remember that once the frame is together, you have about double the work adding all the various fittings. There is a saying with homebuilt airplanes (and restorations as well), when you are 90% done, you still have 90% to go.

I would suggest starting with either the frame or a wing, finish that before putting the money out for the next assembly. There are thousands of unfinished airplane kits out there! Life changes, and if you buy everything up front and you get side tracked you will have a large investment that if you try and sell you will only get pennies on the dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flew a J3C/PA-11 hybrid via Atless STCs for a long time and with flapless straight wings and a C90-8 it was the nicest flying plane I have ever crawled into. Great on wheels, skis and floats.
It was a great plane for teaching tailwheel flying to low time pilots.

Attachments

• Cub at mountain base.JPG
    Cub at mountain base.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 224
Back