• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Dip stick O ring

OLDCROWE

FRIEND
Meanwhile,...
Anybody have info on what O ring fits the dipstick on an IO520D, I’ve tried several that seem right in the groove but they are no joy when you install the stick as it won’t engage the keeper thingie.

Anybody have info on what O ring fits the dipstick on an IO520D, I’ve tried several that seem right in the groove but they are no joy when you install the stick as it won’t engage the keeper thingie.

Different engine, I know, but FWIW the Continental IPC shows an AN123860 o-ring for almost all of the 0-470's & IO-470's.

Well its slightly different than what a 470 thanks it got me headed in the right direction, I finally found one at a local engine rebuild shop, talk about chasing your grail...

thanks for the help,

Last edited:
Look in the magic book.

Web

Attachments

• Scan 3.jpeg
    Scan 3.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 177
  • Scan 4.jpeg
    Scan 4.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 163
I recall using electrical tape around the stick until we got back to civilization and found a ring at ACE Hardware.

Gary

Impeccable timing. Same oring just failed on my dipstick.

Thanks Kirby.

Back