• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

CANCELLED: 2020 Great Minnesota Aviation Gathering April 24-25

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Please save the dates, Friday and Saturday, April 24-25, 2020 for the 6th Annual Great MN Aviation Gathering. We will be at the Buffalo Municipal Airport (KCFE), where we enjoyed wonderful hospitality at the event last year. This year we will be expanding the option to camp under the wing of our airplanes, enjoy a bonfire and even enjoy an airshow put on by Lucas Oil and Mike Wiskus! Hope to see you there. More to follow.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, we are getting together a stellar program for the Great MN Aviation Gathering! I will be posting information here, and on our website www.mnpilots.org.

Camping will be available this year, under the wing of your airplane! The City has given us permission to do so, so please plan on flying in on Friday morning, April 24, 2020, take in the Hangar Flying Sessions on Friday, enjoy the bonfire Friday evening and the music of a Rock n Roll band, take in the Hangar Flying Sessions on Saturday, April 25 and head on home! We are hoping for good weather and planning for a great time!

Several Supercub.org folks will be presenting and hanging around, being cool. Hope to see you there!

Randy

We are still on schedule to have the 2020 Great MN Aviation Gathering on Friday and Saturday, April 24-25...6 weeks away! We will post updates here and on our Facebook/mnpilots page.

Randy

SJ, thanks for making the announcement.

The decision to cancel the 2020 GMAG was a difficult one to make. We had a stellar lineup of speakers and topics again this year, and a loyal group of sponsors (for the most part), exhibitors (all) and advertisers. I am going to post recognition of those folks and encourage our members to patronize these businesses and organizations, as they stepped up to the plate to support our event.

I am sorry to see that the AK Airmen's show has been cancelled, as well.

Things have changed dramatically at a number of levels for all of us. While I have significant reservations as to the responses that have been made by our state and federal governments, and am very worried about the effects that will ensue for many months to come, I do appreciate the changes in habits, etc, that have been made on us.

Take care, and thanks for your support!

Randy

Things have changed dramatically at a number of levels for all of us. While I have significant reservations as to the responses that have been made by our state and federal governments, and am very worried about the effects that will ensue for many months to come, I do appreciate the changes in habits, etc, that have been made on us.

Take care, and thanks for your support!

Randy
Randy, Thank you for saying this. I too have reservations and opinions on this matter which may differ or not with yours. However when coming from a person of your profession I feel comfortable that I am not alone in those thoughts.

I'll not elaborate on this forum what those thoughts may be. It's sad that these cherished fly in events have been canceled for this year, yet this too shall pass.

Back to the regular programming. Cheers.

Thank you both for the updates.

Currently Alaska's cases are all directly related to people coming into Alaska. Staying home, or at least staying away from people you have not been physically close to in the last couple days seems to be a safe bet. I am going to and from my shop and hangar, or taking the sled away from populations. Not much seems to have changed;-)

There is always next year, or even later in the summer when the sun is warm and you all could come feed a few mosquitos for us:lol:

Stay safe.

I'm not circumspect in this matter. Shows are entertainment. The world is trying to adapt to stay alive. We should be doing more to shame those who put themselves and others at risk to accommodate their selfish interests. I'm with you, George---two metres apart, staying home.

Back