• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

850x6 STC for skywagons

hotrod180

FRIEND
Port Townsend, WA
Is anyone else running 850's on their Cessna 180/185
using the North Sound Aviation STC #SA1601NM?
All I have is the cover sheet, it references a Drawing No. 180-102.
I can't imagine theres anything too critical on it,
but I'd sure like to have a copy for my files.
Does anyone have one they can scan & send me?

At the risk of being accused of nit-picking,
that FAA approval letter is actually not applicable to my airplane,
nor to most other 850x6-equipped 180/185's I've seen.
It specifically OK's "the installation of 8.50 x 6, 4-ply tires on the original main gear wheels"--
unfortunately my tires are 6 ply, and are mounted on Cleveland wheels.
It could very reasonably be argues that the 6 ply tires & Cleveland are heavier-duty and therefore better.
But leaving that argument aside for another time, I'm just looking for the North Sound Aviation drawing.

At the risk of being accused of nit-picking,
that FAA approval letter is actually not applicable to my airplane,
nor to most other 850x6-equipped 180/185's I've seen.
It specifically OK's "the installation of 8.50 x 6, 4-ply tires on the original main gear wheels"--
unfortunately my tires are 6 ply, and are mounted on Cleveland wheels.
It could very reasonably be argues that the 6 ply tires & Cleveland are heavier-duty and therefore better.

But leaving that argument aside for another time, I'm just looking for the North Sound Aviation drawing.

Sorry Hotrod, I cannot provide the referenced drawing 180-102. However, I do have a copy of the 1982 North Sound STC SA1601NM, applicable to Cessna 180 & 185 series aircraft, which reads: "Installation of 8.50x6 6 ply aircraft tires in accordance with North Sound Aviation Drawing No. 180-102." Note the approval of 6 ply tires and no reference to "original main gear wheels". I'm happy to share a copy of you desire.

Thanks, Windknot, but I already have the STC cover sheet.
Just missing the referenced drawing.

HotRod:

You made me do a logbook dive and I found that I have the Kenmore STC. It does note that it is for 850-6 on Cleveland's or McCauley's (Cessna). Not much help to you, but wanted to make sure that it's known that the Kenmore specifically says 850-6 and the types allowed on per the STC in my logs.

Does the kenmore stc specify ply rating?
Mine sez 6 ply, so if you wanted to run 850 4 ply desser smoothies
youd be SOL.

Back