• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2019...Super Cub Santa is Readying for Christmas!!!

Santa

PARTNER
North Pole
Ho, Ho, Ho, Supercub girls and boys! Wow, where has time gone...seems like just yesterday that we finished with LAST Christmas!

IMG_0592.jpg

My mightly elves have been busy again with building toys, sewing up dolls...you know the gig. A really busy time for them, and I'm starting to think about the upcoming Christmas, and the chance to fly again! Ho, Ho, Ho! I'm sure you are all starting to get used to the idea of cold weather operations, getting the old snowblowers working, clearing out the path from the hangar to the taxiways.

I hope you are all doing well! Stay tuned and I'll keep you up to date as Christmas gets nearer!

Santa

p.s. There are a couple of you who need to be a bit nicer! My elves still have some lumps of coal! Ho, Ho, Ho!

Attachments

• IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 245
Yesterday I woke up, had a nice cup of hot chocolate and sat down at the kitchen table to enjoy the delicious breakfast that Mrs. Claus made for me and there was a knock on the door. It was our Lead Elf, holding a copy of the December issue of Minnesota Flyer magazine...

MN Flyer Magazine 12 2019 Cover.JPG

Ho, Ho, Ho! It was such a nice surprise to see this, and to know that Christmas Cheer is being spread throughout Minnesota! I thought I would share this with you kids here on Supercub.org.

Two of my helpers, Randy and Julie, are going to get the skis on my Super Cub this evening, planning a test flight to make sure ole Santa can safely make his flights to deliver presents this year. I'm not sure about you, but it is always a special time when I get the skis on the Super Cub! They have plenty of snow in Minnesota and that will likely make it a White Christmas...and Santa dreams of a Bright, White Christmas, no clouds and visibility unlimited!

Merry Christmas!

Santa

Attachments

• MN Flyer Magazine 12 2019 Cover.JPG
    MN Flyer Magazine 12 2019 Cover.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 819
Oh, yes, I'm going to fly in to the Lino Airpark for the 11th Annual Ron and Kathy Barrows Santa Flyin.

Santa Claus is Flying to Town 2019 Lino Airpark.JPG

For those who haven't heard, this event was started in 2009, shortly after Ron was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Ron was one of Randy Corfman's best friends, and they were sitting in Randy's hangar contemplating the future when Ron came up with the idea of doing something special for his little 3 year old grandson, Max. "Why don't we decorate your Red and White Super Cub and let Santa fly it in to see Max and a few of his little friends?!" Ron asked and, well, when Ron asked me if I would pilot that Super Duper airplane I shouted out with glee "Good Heavens, Yes!" Ron was able to attend the 2009 and 2010 Santa Flyins, held in his hangar on the Lino Airpark, but sadly he went West before he could enjoy the 3rd flyin, and Kathy passed away a couple of years later. Randy and Julie have kept the tradition going, decorating Santa's Cub to joyous music, cookies and even some wine and Good Cheer, along with Ron and Kathy's friends and those who Believe. Santa's Cub was even decorated by Steve and Laura Johnson a few years ago!!! Ho, Ho, Ho!!
IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6825.jpg

Santa's Ground Crew will be ready to help me make a safe flight again this year, and I hope that any of you who are in the area might stop by and share in the Warmth and Beauty of Christmas, as we celebrate me, Santa Claus, and the Birth of Jesus Christ!

Merry Christmas!

Santa

Attachments

• Santa Claus is Flying to Town 2019 Lino Airpark.JPG
    Santa Claus is Flying to Town 2019 Lino Airpark.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 789
  • IMG_6854.jpg
    IMG_6854.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 797
  • IMG_6825.jpg
    IMG_6825.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 801
That Santa is one special guy! He spreads happiness and good cheer all year long! What a special treat for those kids that get the gift of a flying Mr and Mrs Claus, they will never forget those remarkable Christmas memories, Thank God we still are able to express our long held beliefs of Christ and Christmas and all the associated miracles !

But Santa be kind to those only deserve lumps of Coal! "Little Stevie Eaton" wants a pair of roller skates this year, ( I know he's on the bad list) but here's an idea maybe you just give him one this year and the other one sometime later. ( next year).....Let's be honest 65 years of coal hasn't produced any positive results thus far, its time for a new approach !!!!

God Bless and a Merry Christmas to all !!!

Helped Santa get the skis on. The elves were too busy with toy making.

20191212_195858.jpeg20191212_212026.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G970U using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• 20191212_195858.jpeg
    20191212_195858.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 20191212_212026.jpeg
    20191212_212026.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 174
Oh, My, Time is really flying past!!!

I am so happy to see that Santa's helpers have ferried my Super Cub to Dan Carroll's hangar, and that it is tucked in, ready for being decorated tonight! Ho, Ho, Ho!
Cub Ready for Decorating.jpg

I will post some photos from the Decorating Party later, but I know there will be several SuperDuperCub.org people helping with the decorating and I appreciate them very, very much! In fact, my Elves installed an update to my GPS tracking system which allows me to see who is in the cockpit as they fly to join the other Elves, and we tried it out this morning! Look who is flying up today?!

Johnson's InFlight.jpg

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!

Santa

Attachments

• Cub Ready for Decorating.jpg
    Cub Ready for Decorating.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 633
  • Johnson's InFlight.jpg
    Johnson's InFlight.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 563
Santa’s Elves did a great job decorating my Super Cub

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Santa’s Supercub was decorated nicely last evening! Many thanks to my Elves!IMG_0604.JPGIMG_0611.JPGIMG_0623.JPGIMG_0633.JPGIMG_0618.JPGIMG_0636.JPGIMG_0637.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    232.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    257.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 163
Annotation 2019-12-22 174457.png

We had a great time helping Santa decorate and watching the fun with the kids. The weather was perfect and the looks on those kids faces - even the non-believers - was priceless!

Thanks Dr. Santa, I mean Santa Randy, I mean Randy Claus... oh well...

sj

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-12-22 174457.png
    Annotation 2019-12-22 174457.png
    1 MB · Views: 168
Here was the decorating crew for Santa's Super Cub!

_MG_9085.jpg

Merry Christmas to all!

Randy and Julie

Attachments

• _MG_9085.jpg
    _MG_9085.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 368
Back