• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Whirlwind 284 Constant Speed on Javron PA 18 measurements

Hi guys has anyone fitted a Whirlwind 284 Constant Speed to a Javron PA18 kit. I am ordering a prop for my Kit and need the measurement from the
1. Face of the Flywheel to the front of the Cowl
2. I am fitting a Titan IO -360

if anyone has these measurements could you let me know as my kit and prop are on order.

Whirlwinds "standard" prop spacer for their ground adjustable prop is a 2,25" made by Saber, I was replacing my CATTO which also had a 2,25" spacer from Saber just didn't have the 2 short lugs.

my point is that it seems most cub style noses have about a 2,25" spacer, mine is a REV2 BCSC.

Why would you need a spacer for a constant speed?

IMG_4410.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4410.JPG
    IMG_4410.JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Whirl Wind will provide you with a 2-piece backer. You assemble that and bolt it to the prop base. The spinner has a bushing (for lack of better description) inside the spinner tip that fits snugly onto the cup of the prop hub. The distance from tip to backer is determined by the prop. There shouldn't be any trimming to do. They must be concerned that your nose bowl will stand proud of the flange?

I’m not sure , the question has me a little confused . I have been trying to call to talk to them , maybe then I’ll get it . Thx for your input

I’m not sure , the question has me a little confused . I have been trying to call to talk to them , maybe then I’ll get it . Thx for your input

Back