• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East Winter Fun 19/20

Tom we would have stopped if we had more time. We had just left having pizza up at Lk Desolation and were heading to Ray Gould's. Didn't want to leave Poor Joe without enough daylight to get back to Seamans in Pa

Glenn

My Datums are working perfect on my Cub, much better then my Summits did

Glenn

Last edited:
This Sunday My wife and I are thinking to head up to Saranac to look at this years ice castle, Might anyone be flying around up that way that day?

Speculator at 8:30 Saturday then big moose for vintage sled show.
Sunday is our 4th annual BBQ ski flyin on Twitchell lake at noon

Looks like we should have a good turnout

Glenn

Glenn didn’t want to come visit us and see the trains.
Hopefully the walk won’t be as bad as when they were on floats.

9b7fcd456e82c29247a1a7796ada7b6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glenn didn’t want to come visit us and see the trains.
Hopefully the walk won’t be as bad as when they were on floats.

9b7fcd456e82c29247a1a7796ada7b6b.jpg

you mean all the way to Eagle Lake ???? Chesuncook---Chaimberlin???love that place--Capt Cub

No, 1/2 of ice under snow and 5" of water under that. Skis and walking stay on top but you can kick a hole thru with your heel. Just heard another story today of a Stinson going on its back landing 29s on snow.

Glenn

What a day. Had to land and take my oil cooler plate off on the way home. Mid 40’s today.
b99b63c59798d182aa9348b91d411770.jpg

5beb0438480b51077947eac30a03fc85.jpg

Spent the night at camp, friends son caught a big trout right in front of the camp too.

About 4:30 I'm at a couple hundred feet flying down the south end of Indian lake in the ADK park and I notice a text one of my Cub buddies who's an airline pilot " just over Glen's Falls heading your way " I ask what freq. He texts, fingers
So from 400' my little Icom A5 is talking to my friend at 32,500 just as clear as a bell.
Awesome Buddy

Glenn

Last edited:
Awesome day again
Saphouse for breakfast

Back to my place for gas. Vt Glenn 1st visit, he did great, he even landed in the correct field. ( Some pilots are challenged finding it :lol: )

Twitchell for lunch

83 yo Jim Payne flew in on his birthday on skis

Lots of great food

5 of us flew in with our wife's

Everyone started leaving around 4 but it was such a perfect day Bev and I headed North

Meet back up with Jeff and his wife at the Oxbow inn for a drink, an awesome virgin Mary.

We even got to try out my landing light when we got back

Glenn

Last edited:
What a day. Had to land and take my oil cooler plate off on the way home. Mid 40’s today.
b99b63c59798d182aa9348b91d411770.jpg

5beb0438480b51077947eac30a03fc85.jpg

Spent the night at camp, friends son caught a big trout right in front of the camp too.

Since I am home for a bit with no airplane, of course it would be a spectacular weather weekend. I did get the airplane fix from Jason Piper and Tom though, thanks for that
You dont see JB in the pic because she is in the hangar helping me clean up my pants. I didnt know Mr Tom was in the neighborhood, and his first supersonic pass happened at the exact time i was trying to figure out why myLP gas heater was giving me a hard time lighting. Well played sir. Was great to see you guys

Jim

Back