• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Narrow Deck O320 Cylinder nuts

Anzack

Litchfield Park, AZ
Does anybody have a good source on where I can get the internal hex style cylinder hold-down nuts for my narrow deck O320. Doing an overhaul and having a hard time finding these. Thank you.

Bryan

I'd like new. I think I've found them now. We were looking up the wrong part number. My mechanic is double checking here in a bit but I think we need 71133 and 71134. Those a pricey buggers.

thats why i asked new or used? couple of motors ive done, if they turn on nice and have nice sharp edges on the socket side and with no slop i reuse and if they dont turn on nice i toss and find ones that will. just my opinion. different type of thread in them. gotta look and see if on a certified motor if there required??

Last edited:
Perferred Airparts or aircraft spruce are the two best ones for pricing check and call to see what they have in stock. Aircraft specialties services, would be the 3rd place.

do you have a place that you use for that mike where it works out ok?

I have most of the chemicals to do it at my shop. Still need to mix it up. And give it a whirl. Was not happy with my zinc plating formula, if anyone has a good one to share I’d appreciate it. Would love to just buy caswell platings solution, but they won’t ship to me....

I send hardware to Memphis Propeller after bead blasting it. They can CAD gold or silver but they also bake it so it doesn't get hydrogen embrittlement.

Are they actually still doing CAD plating or Zinc. Even 20 years back most shops around here drained their CAD solutions and never looked back.
Zinc can be done bright or dull and dyed in most any color you choose.
It would not surprise me that if the FAA says it has to be CAD then shops have to do it even with the ongoing issues with it. Kind of stupid to me and might be why we are seeing more cylinder stud failures in recent years since they might not be getting proper post treatment causing the failures.

Are they actually still doing CAD plating or Zinc. Even 20 years back most shops around here drained their CAD solutions and never looked back.
Zinc can be done bright or dull and dyed in most any color you choose.
It would not surprise me that if the FAA says it has to be CAD then shops have to do it even with the ongoing issues with it. Kind of stupid to me and might be why we are seeing more cylinder stud failures in recent years since they might not be getting proper post treatment causing the failures.

It is CAD, Air TTractor does CAD as well but they don't bake. I have seen the room and tanks, kinda messy process.

Back