Thread: WTB: Cleveland 40-60 wheels 6.00-6 and torque plates

Post Thanks / Like

WTB: Cleveland 40-60 wheels 6.00-6 and torque plates

Need a pair of Cleveland 40-60 wheels to replace the ones that were messed up after the ground loop on the PA-12.... Torque plates needed as well. Let me know if you have a lead on a set...

See picture below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1282.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	45686
    Likes jrussl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was unable to find any used ones so bought new from Airframes. https://www.airframesalaska.com/40-6.../abi-40-60.htm

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I use these wheels with the cleveland brakes (30-60A). I was under the impression that I had to have the entire kit...

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to google up an appication chart which breaks down the conversion kits as to which wheels/rotors/brake assemblies go with which kit.
    As far as cubs goes, my old univair app chart shows the 199-071 kit using the 40-60 wheel & 30-60 caliper. The 199-231 kit uses the 40-84 wheel & 30-41 caliper.
    These charts dont seem to identify the torque plate p/n, of which ibelieve there are many.
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!
    Thanks daedgerton thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    You should be able to google up an appication chart which breaks down the conversion kits as to which wheels/rotors/brake assemblies go with which kit.
    As far as cubs goes, my old univair app chart shows the 199-071 kit using the 40-60 wheel & 30-60 caliper. The 199-231 kit uses the 40-84 wheel & 30-41 caliper.
    These charts dont seem to identify the torque plate p/n, of which ibelieve there are many.
    Can I use an ABI wheel with a Cleveland brake... Plane is certified so my guess in no...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daedgerton View Post
    Can I use an ABI wheel with a Cleveland brake... Plane is certified so my guess in no...
    The ABI wheels are TSO'd replacements for Clevelands, so I don't know why you can't mix and match......

MTV

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mvivion View Post
    The ABI wheels are TSO'd replacements for Clevelands, so I don't know why you can't mix and match......

MTV
    That would make things a ton easier! I elected to go with a factory overhaul on the engine after the prop strike so my budget for the rebuild is lacking and trying to save a buck where I can!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daedgerton View Post
    As MTV stated, the ABI wheels are PMA'd. So mix and match as you wish. I have both Cleveland wheels with Bushwheels mounted and ABI wheels with 8.50's mounted for ski flying. I go back and forth annually if we are lucky enough to get snow.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    The ABI wheels and brakes are direct replacements and approved as replacement parts for Cleveland. It has been cheaper tobuy a complete brake kit from Cleveland than to replace a wheel or other major part. Luckily Bill Dincan reverse engineered their parts and did with them what he did with the Scott 3200 and 3400 tailwheels and got the approvals. As you have seen used Cleveland wheels and brakes are hard to come by. Luckily Airframes/Bushwheel can seel you just the part you need.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers