• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lighting connector for ABU11/A mechanical clock

moneyburner

FRIEND
Western Washington
I'm trying to sort through Amphenol's catalog and come up with a connector for this thing, but they seem to have more products than Mick-D's has french fries. The nearest I can get is MS3459L10S-3S, but that has a threaded plug and there clearly are no threads on the outside of this guy. Waltham says it takes a DM5600-3P, but that seems to be the recepticle rather than the plug, never mind that I can't locate one of those anywhere either. The current shipping version uses 5 volt lights, but this one is about thirty years old, so that may not still be accurate.

I realize that I could simply get the sockets, crimp them and heat shrink them, but I don't like that solution. These things can't be that rare.

The rest of the numbers printed on the receptacle are 97814-8402-3P-F3 A1 8416

Any ideas?

IMG_4102.jpg IMG_5377.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4102.jpg
    IMG_4102.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5377.jpg
    IMG_5377.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 313
Why the clock Mike-- for IFR work?
I have a digital clock that also works as a count-up / count-down timer.
I mainly use it to time my warm-ups,
also timing airstrip lengths (70 mph groundspeed = 100' / second).
Cheap & easy to use.
Velcro'd in place, so I can also remove it and use it elsewhere.

Nah, I just like clocks. I have a splendid watch stuck to my arm that works just fine, but I had this out the other day and it bugs me.

Pretty sure that is manufactured by Sealtron.

Soldering some pins on it may be the path of least resistance (pun intended).

As per TE, the mating connector is DM9700-3S. Hang on to your hat when you see the price, lol.

I'm still looking as ther is an old mil spec for that connector. Not sure how much digging before I find something.

Web

As per TE, the mating connector is DM9700-3S. Hang on to your hat when you see the price, lol.

I'm still looking as ther is an old mil spec for that connector. Not sure how much digging before I find something.

Web

There it is! It's a quick-disconnect like an air chuck.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.24.24 PM.png
Thanks Web, but I think I'll just stick a post light on it. This one is on Eb@y for $400. :roll: It would be nice to have one to go along with my $700 hammer, but I would have to sell one of my kidneys first and I can't do that; they were a gift from my parents.

I got a box of these clocks at DRMO at JBER long ago. I think they were surplus shop stock for UH-1H or similar and I don't think I have a 5 volt dimmer box installed anyway.

This might be getting a bit overcomplicated; I may surrender.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.24.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 12.24.24 PM.png
    497.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
You could use a 5 volt chip for light power or replace the lamps with 12 volt (or 24 volt) lamps or LEDs.

Web

pin it to a pigtail, then epoxy those in.

If you don't want to buy a new connector, at least use an old one. These are from military helicopters so talk to any Bell guy and they should be able to find an old one somewhere.

Web

Back