• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Crosswinds STOL PA12 please help!!

a.crane

FRIEND
Newburgh, ME
Need some guidance/help on a PA12 we are working on at my new job. It has the crosswinds extended wings and 0-360 conversion. Belongs to John Willard of the Birches for all you northeast guys that may know him. We are in need of a wing trailing edge outboard of the aileron, as well as trailing edge for the aileron itself, and a cowl latch for the 360 conversion cowl. Boss has been in contact with Crosswinds and says they are being less than helpful, have been trying to get this stuff for 3 weeks with no luck. Are these parts special to the crosswinds wing/cowl? Anybody in Alaska have some guidance to offer? I said I would pose these questions here on SC.org and see what I could find out. I thought he said crosswinds told him to make the trailing edges in house, but also said he had them in stock. Doing an annual and would really like to buy the right pieces from them.
5B40DFDE-70BD-4805-BDE4-2A2079A0E168.jpg

Attachments

• 5B40DFDE-70BD-4805-BDE4-2A2079A0E168.jpg
    5B40DFDE-70BD-4805-BDE4-2A2079A0E168.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 260
The cowl latch is a commercial latch. Let me think a bit. Can’t remember brand at moment Replaced 4 this spring ....

The aileron trailing edge you can buy blank from univair or Dakotacub.

Wing trailing edge you can just make or use some like aileron

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

and the ones we put on were a slightly different "newer" style that they are using with the crosswinds kit now....

Thank you Mike and Steve! This 12 is on floats in summer and we just put it back on wheels, she got dinged up a little while on floats. Aileron was run into by a boat, and the wing caught the prop of another docked plane while he was taxiing by the front of it. It has -18 gear with aoss susp, it’s a pretty nice 12 but I was told she is heavy, not sure what the weight is. I will try to get some more pics next week.

John Willard is a great guy, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mike and Steve

Kurt

If you find a supplier for those latches post a link here and part number after you get it please

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

You can build that trailing edge stuff Andy. She is heavy. Handy to 1400 if I recall when I weighed it on wheels. And it flies accordingly.

Well I may have put my foot in my mouth on this one. A box of goodies showed up from Crosswinds yesterday, very nice stuff. We didn’t know they had shipped them, probably took a little while to go from AK to ME. The trailing edges they sent are quite a bit more rugged than the ones on the plane, and got a complete used latch for the cowl. I will try to get some measurements off them and see if they will match the link Mike posted
. E33BCEA9-9380-4665-8573-29303E864C5F.jpg

Attachments

• E33BCEA9-9380-4665-8573-29303E864C5F.jpg
    E33BCEA9-9380-4665-8573-29303E864C5F.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 176
Back