• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Converting engine models

willhash

Denver
I'm looking at installing a 160hp O320 on my A model. I've found a B3B but it's not listed in the STCs by CC or Svenns. Can the B3B be converted easily and inexpensively to a B1A/B or a B2A-D that are approved in the STCs? Thx!

Will

Different bushings in the prop flange. I don’t recall if there is a SB that allows the model change. Not sure if those bushings can be changed with the rank installed, or if it has to be done with the crank out of the engine. Changes from 3/8 prop bolts to 7/16 prop bolts, so to use a B3 engine, you would need a different prop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thx Dgapilot. I had looked at Lycoming 110 and it mentioned the prop bushings, intake riser, and, -32 carb. Just didn't know what was involved in those changes and if there were others.

Lycoming service instruction 1304J allows altering the basic engine model,use this to alter the engine,then the stc of your choice to install on the plane. I would recommend checking with your local mechanic or engine shop on the prop bushing change.

Lycoming service instruction 1304J allows altering the basic engine model,use this to alter the engine,then the stc of your choice to install on the plane. I would recommend checking with your local mechanic or engine shop on the prop bushing change.
Holy smokes look who came the cat dragged in. Ditto what Super Cub MD posted. Good to see you post Mark.

Thank you, I'll look up 1304J and call the engine shop.

Back