• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18-105 Exhaust

Dnh98221

Anacortes, WA
My cub developed a crack in the forward exhaust stack just forward of the #2 Y joint. I don't see much in the way of O-235 exhaust parts on the net (used or otherwise). I've heard that O-320 and O-235 exhaust are interchangeable. Is that true? Else, where is a good source for exhaust components.

Thanks,

Dan

I believe so, overall the stack looks pretty good, but the crack goes about 1/2 around the tube. Also, there is no external support on that side going back to the muffler, which can't be good. Don't know if there should be one.

Send it to Dawley. It will come back as good as or better than new. It matters not how bad it is. I'm a happy customer.

Another option would be to put a Sutton exhaust on with a Field Approval. Save some weight and get rid of the recurring muffler AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, all. An airport neighbor had a useable set off an O-320 narrow deck in his parts collection, which went right on. So I'm up and running again. I will send mine to Dawley.

This is a great site!

Dan

Back