• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Moose hunting in Newfoundland

algonquin

Seldovia,Ak
Just finished up a Moose hunt in Newfoundland, saw 11 Moose in two day and shot a nice young bull. The racks a smaller, a 50” is like a 70” in AK but big bodied and good eats. Really liked the country there and the people are great. Pic to come when I get back.

I hunted moose there 2 years ago, amazing how many animals there are, beautiful territory! We were dropped in to an area that was only accessible by helicopter, found out walking through what they call black spruce is a challenge. I ended up shooting a nice bull by Newfoundland standards, not real impressed with the flavor of the meat, but it was an adventure. I bagged Bullwinkle's little brother here at the cabin a couple of weeks ago, I'm sure it will be tastier.

I live in lewisporte newfoundland

View attachment 45524View attachment 45523[QUOTE=algonquin;
Loretta and myself fly the super cub to our favourite place and hunt every fall so far she has taken the 2 biggest moose on our hunts Love the excitement and calling them in close. As there is just the 2 of us and a lot of work but rewarding

Here is a pic of my moose, just the right size for my wife and I. 195622C1-7FD5-49C5-AC89-92CD2B2C2B50.jpg195622C1-7FD5-49C5-AC89-92CD2B2C2B50.jpg

Attachments

• 195622C1-7FD5-49C5-AC89-92CD2B2C2B50.jpg
    195622C1-7FD5-49C5-AC89-92CD2B2C2B50.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 190
Looks like you’re enjoying retirement Tom!

2 years, 10 months and 24 days left for me. Not that I am counting...

Better keep your fingers crossed, I heard a rumor they're gonna bump airline pilot retirement age up again due to the pilot shortage.

Better keep your fingers crossed, I heard a rumor they're gonna bump airline pilot retirement age up again due to the pilot shortage.

Nothing says I have to go to mandatory retirement age. Mandatory is 65 right now. I plan to punch out at 60! 8)

Good for you Charlie!
I took an early retirement myself (not from an airline though),
and am glad I did.

Back