• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2" OD Aluminum Y fitting

OLDCROWE

FRIEND
Meanwhile,...
I'm on a quest.

I need a (one) 2" OD aluminum tubing Y fitting for a heater experiment anyone know where I can get just one or two?

Thanks

Kirby

Glen,

My bad, I should have better described it. I'm looking for a symmetric Y so flow (would be flowing up in this context) will split evenly to the two branches and discharge at the same angle from the main leg.

Kirby

Last edited:
Kirby if you find one let me know. I looked for the same a few years back and all I found was plastic. After a number of heat cycles I discovered my heater output was greater than I envisioned, and the reason they use aluminum. Never bothered to fabricate one, but that was the next direction.

pb

I used the type I posted in my J4 heat 10 years ago so that heat came out under panel in front of both sticks. The drag inside the scat tubing must balance it out because both deliver the same amount of heat

Glenn

I have the one Glenn posted and a scat house hooked up the rear torque tube. The heater no longer melts one foot with the y attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close but no cigar, I’m working on the next great evolution...

Always ready to learn even if the new and improved is coming from Oklahoma, does it even snow there? I thought you guys kept water in your bird baths year-round?

Glenn

I have a Tee... :lol:

Attachments

• AN827-32D 002.jpg
    AN827-32D 002.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 187
glenn, ive made up my mind im going to do one like yours, but where that bottom piece can just slide down into a couple of grooves. got to make the bracket. for easy in easy out. even the top tee just going to make out of 2 inch aluminum.

First attach this to cabin side of heat box

The right side of this Y has a belled end that will slip offer first fitting, screw it on or a hose clamp works

Or this one will also slip over first fitting or other 2 outlets of Y

First 2 fitting were from Wag, last one from ACS

When I first mounted the heat up under panel I did a single outlet in front of the stick, it was so hot ( even at zero) I had to wear a glove on my stick hand, changed it to 2 outlets

Glenn

Last edited:
I'm on a quest.

I need a (one) 2" OD aluminum tubing Y fitting for a heater experiment anyone know where I can get just one or two?

Thanks

Kirby

Kirby, I think I have an extra one in the hangar from an old experiment. Send me your mailing address and I’ll ship you mine. I can’t return it and it’s taking up space.

attachment.php
putting one of these down at the cab heat exit at the bottom of the V would even help to get the air to go up and around. just need to point it up at maybe a 45 from the floorboards.

I run a scat hose off of a diffuser at the heat box and I want to use a Y as a splitter on the downstream end to send warmth back seat towards each side and away from the master cylinders and other stuff.

366A5C6B-6DA7-4597-AA22-B367291DBCF1.jpg

Attachments

• 366A5C6B-6DA7-4597-AA22-B367291DBCF1.jpg
    366A5C6B-6DA7-4597-AA22-B367291DBCF1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 217
I got stuck in the back seat on the way to your flyin and had the SCAT hose run under the seat and hook on the seat pocket. It was to hot to hold and just kept part of my warm until I looked it back under the seat pointing forward just below the seat base. It evened out the heat throughout the entire cockpit.

131a17ba6ae6b33c2c26efcd90365b99.jpg

This evens out the heat in the front pretty good and the long scat can be put in your jacket when you don’t have a back seater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On another tread here that I can’t find now , there was a place that made scat with doubled ends... I did an experiment to see if I could do it. I used silicone 2 part liquid for mold making to glue the piece on. It worked. Then I got thinking I bet you can do the same to just make the hose y joint without the aluminum. Still need to test. But I’m sure it will work after first test.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back