• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

The 2020 Super Cub Calendar Cover is Here!

sj

Staff member
Northwest Arkansas
Congratulations and thanks to Ted Waltman for the awesome 2020 cover photo! The 2020 Campaign will be starting soon!

2020cover.jpg

Attachments

• 2020cover.jpg
    2020cover.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 2,253
Last edited:
Thank you Steve and everyone for the selection and your comments. Sincerely appreciated--genuinely thankful. Really. Wow.

caves.png

Went to the cave where calendars are born on Friday, and approved the final proofs to get the printing started!

Campaign launch is imminent!

sj

Attachments

• caves.png
    caves.png
    672.9 KB · Views: 271
View attachment 45563

Went to the cave where calendars are born on Friday, and approved the final proofs to get the printing started!

Campaign launch is imminent!

sj

Put me in Coach, I'm ready to pay... today!

Nice shot of the Bat Cave! All we have here are Eagles, Eagles and more Eagles. If you know anyone that wants to take pictures of Eagles, send them my way.

Yes they are great birds, I get a chance once in awhile to get a shot off over here.
IMG_0255.jpg IMG_0267.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0267.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 260
Ya got me on that one SJ. I've been trying to take a pic with the frame the other way. But every time I try, my coffee runs out of the mug.

Web

Yes they are great birds, I get a chance once in awhile to get a shot off over here.
View attachment 45569 View attachment 45570

The other day, on a breakfast flight to Afton, just ghosting down low level down a very narrow canyon following a stream, FIVE bald eagles took flight right in front of me. No time for a picture, and I didn't want to make a second pass and annoy them, assuming they had something they were breakfasting on. I've seen singles and pairs of them a lot, but never 5 at one time, and we were all sharing the same airspace. I was going slow enough for us all to maintain proper separation, some were above, some below, and some at my level, awesome!

Lots of bald eagles around Puget Sound.
I encounter them relatively often, esp during haying time.
They like feeding on mice snakes etc that get chopped up or exposed by the mower.
They are the one bird that doesn't ever seem to give way or try to avoid an airplane--
they just give it kind of a dirty look but otherwise ignore it.
Scarey...they're big birds, I'd hate to take one through the windshield.
Or anywhere else for that matter.

Back