• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rear Stick Boot

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
Over the years I have found everything under the sun around the rear stick where the aileron cables attach. Rocks, sticks, pens, chap stick, gum and lots of hardware. The military L21s had a very nice stick cover and txpacer (Tony) found the drawing 13392 on Christian Sturm's website. http://www.supercubproject.com/drawings/main.aspx Tony's wife Chris is multi talented in fabric and upholstery so when the rebuilt his L21 she made new boots for both his and her L21s and made me a few. I pulled up the drawing last night an made the aluminum frame per the drawing and installed on a project I am finishing up. I really like it and now am gonna have to take the time to make the frame for mine and install. She deviated from the drawing by sewing velcro in place of the snaps. Very easy to remove and reinstall. I still need to prime and paint the aluminum parts but thought someone else might find this useful.
stiick boot.jpg

Attachments

• stiick boot.jpg
    stiick boot.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 667
LOL, and she can fly too. Here are the two at Mexican Mountain last week. Now she will really blush and probably kill me next time she sees me. What are friends for, right?
34466.jpeg

Attachments

• 34466.jpeg
    34466.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 616
Back