• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Airframes Alaska

The Kid

FOUNDER
Thompson Falls
I would just like to say that I ordered a pricey product from Air Frames Alaska and it came damaged. Dealing with them on "what can we do now" has been the BEST product damage experience of my ENTIRE LIFE! I am not kidding! It was like I was dealing with "family" or best friends. They were human, understanding, compassionate, caring, professional and in the end; they were way more than fair. Good luck to you Air Frames Alaska in your new digs. I wish you the best! Again, thank you very much!

They are real people. I usually try and order my parts etc in the morning before I get busy working on something. I can text them what I want and that afternoon I get an invoice with tracking. Was great to hang out with several of them at Oshkosh last year. KevinJ has a funny story about that. 8)

Yep, real people for sure. REAL fun people. They treated me darn good at OSH this year. Similar to what the OP said. Like family.....or their inappropriate drunk uncle that they couldn’t get away from

I had a similar experience with Cub Crafters, just a minor deal on some gap seal, but their customer service was great, good to hear when others experience similar from whomever.

Airframes shipping is mind blowing. Ordered a set of bushwheels in the afternoon, (eastern time) and they were there in less than 24 hrs for free. Same thing happens no matter what I order. Tail wheel and t3 showed up the same way. They are making everyone else look bad. Keep up the good work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those of us that shop local? Stoddards sets the bar for customer service. Glacier is close. Seaplanes North is also good. They all have their strengths. Airframes is morphing. I miss Reeves. Don't care much for the new store at Merrill. I guess we'll see how the new Palmer facility goes. They're moving in this week, I believe.

The move to Palmer has been progressive, Welding shop moved a while back. It will be a bit before it is all done. We well miss them at Birchwood for sure!!!!
DENNY

Same here great folks to deal with. and the free shipping over $500 seals the deal.

I still find myself

- driving across the road from Wendy's on my way to Reeves:
- Realizing it ain't Reeves anymore, so deciding to go to Stoddards
- Wanting to just keep on driving on the frontage road to get to Stoddards...and realizing I can't
- slightly scared to realize that none of these changes happened yesterday.

My limited interaction with Airframes on Merrill has been very good...didn't even buy anything but they were happy to spend nearly two hours walking me through various questions I had.

Stoddards is the ne plus ultra for customer service but I've never really had a bad experience with any of thelocal outfits.

I think Jenn is at Spruce Wasilla. Ordered some small parts to see how it would go, and WOW! Wonderful service.

I think Jenn is at Spruce Wasilla. Ordered some small parts to see how it would go, and WOW! Wonderful service.

(Spruce ak)As long as it’s not a back ordered item. I canceled after 6 weeks of guesses. We are still waiting for paint to show up 2 months later from spruce. It was months for the other paint stuff too, and then only part of the order showed up......

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
We are spoiled in Alaska and especially south central with ability to get parts on demand the same day. Lots of vendors with great service. Thanks to all of them.

Across the board, I'm hearing there's a lack of workers out there, or maybe more to the point, folk that are willing to work. I'm in the pilot trade, so we all know about the pilot shortage. I have a friend in the restaurant and bar business, he says it's terrible these days trying to find anyone that shows good work ethic and might be willing to stick around. He hires mainly foreigners whom are very happy to work, unfortunately they can only work for 90 days/visa requirement. Also the building contractors have similar issues. I hate to see people come and go but it seems to be the way it is these days...

Airframes saved me $3000 dollars recently...wanted to buy the experiment Whirwind Prop...stood around watching the one guy at the counter chat for 30 or so minutes with some folks...I finally decided to walk out...as I approached the door the guy asked if I needed anything...I said I guess not...that never happens at Stodards...hopefully Airframes gets it all organized...they do have some great products...

I had a great experience with Airframes. One of the wing struts in a set got dented during shipping. They had me email them a picture of the dent and immediately sent a replacement strut at no cost, including no shipping cost. I was pretty impressed.

I ordered gear and tail feathers for my PA-12 project and one of the elevators was missing. The last thing I wanted to do was call and say I was missing this expensive part. Also expensive to ship. They were very gracious about it and took my word for it. At every turn Airframes has been wonderful to work with.

I ordered gear and tail feathers for my PA-12 project and one of the elevators was missing. The last thing I wanted to do was call and say I was missing this expensive part. Also expensive to ship. They were very gracious about it and took my word for it. At every turn Airframes has been wonderful to work with.

Quality control is not there bright spot. But customer service is good...

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Oh, I don’t know... I haven’t been around as long as others here but I know what my experience was with them. I am a skilled welder, AWS certified weld inspector and fabricator myself. The quality of the parts I got from Airframes was top shelf. Couldn’t be happier. Everything fit and the welds were absolutely beautiful.

Back