Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Cessna 172M Seaplane New Garmin Panel!

Post Thanks / Like

Cessna 172M Seaplane New Garmin Panel!

PRICE REDUCED!!!!!! 1973 Cessna 172M Factory Seaplane with EDO-2000 Floats. TTAF 2260 TSOH 716. Brand new Garmin panel. GTN650, Dual G5’s, GTX33 ADSB-Out Transponder, Custom Panel, 4 Place Intercom. 160 HP RAM STC, Droop Tips, Sportsman STOL leading edge, incredible performance flies under 45kt indicated, not your average 172 performance. Two props land and sea, both props freshly overhauled. Brand new bubble windows and wing strut cuff’s and more. Recent interior in great condition, paint is fair. Fresh annual. 3rd owner, never a trainer. $90,000. Contact Mike Klein at Go Aviation (888-490-4585 ext 700) with any questions you may have. Additional pictures can be seen by following this link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ux9RdMKKP6Jx6T8b9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	medium_1510138_IMG_0488.jpeg 
Views:	192 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	44748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	44754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1590.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	44750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1549.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	44751   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1569.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	44752  

Last edited by A very stick puppy; 11-01-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    Ken Cornell

Post Thanks / Like
    Why would you sell this??? What a great sounding bird.
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    Why would you sell this??? What a great sounding bird.
    Hey George - it is a beautiful aircraft, but we have discovered the joy of a Skywagon on amphibs. There is some pleasure in putting the plane way after a day of flying and not have wet feet. There is one correction on the ad copy - the panel has a GTN650 (not a 750).
    Ken Cornell

Post Thanks / Like
    Price Reduced to $90,000.00!
    Ken Cornell

Post Thanks / Like
    How does that thing do with a 160hp engine? They're no ball of fire on wheels with 160hp...I can't imagine they'd do much better on floats. Nice looking aircraft though! I'm sort of looking for a 172 to teach some family members to fly while I build a Super Chub, and I haven't flown floats in 30 years. But that looks like a fun aircraft.

TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven’t flown this one, but my grandfather had a tired 150 on 2130’s and it was a dog. Later he had a 160 with an 80” seaplane prop and it was night and day difference and did much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tcbetka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I flew in a 180hp C-172 once on floats, some years ago. I didn't fly it though--but it did OK. It was no C-180, but it did fine. But I'd think that the 160hp engine would make it a relative doggy performing on floats. I'd like to fly one though, just to see what they're like.

TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbetka View Post
    How does that thing do with a 160hp engine? They're no ball of fire on wheels with 160hp...I can't imagine they'd do much better on floats. Nice looking aircraft though! I'm sort of looking for a 172 to teach some family members to fly while I build a Super Chub, and I haven't flown floats in 30 years. But that looks like a fun aircraft.

TB
    I've had quite a bit of experience with C172's, and this one is the best performer by far (even with the 160 hp). The Sportsman STOL does what it is supposed to do, and you are off both the water and land in very short order. It's on Edo 2000 floats and it's performance is nothing short of stellar -okay - not a Cub on floats but quick off the water none the less. This same aircraft was at the WAD in 2018 and kept up with all the others. I can ramble on forever, but the best test is to come to SLK and take her for a ride. The only reason 543 is up for sale is because we now have a beautiful C185 Amphib and too many aircraft in the hangar.
    Ken Cornell

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a beautiful aircraft, to be sure. I'm looking for a 172 myself, for teaching my daughter and son-in-law to fly while I'm building something. But yours is a little above my budget, mainly (I'm sure) due to the floats. I would LOVE to fly floats again, but have absolutely nowhere to base an aircraft on straight floats. But the airframe time is attractive, as is the panel of course.

TB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbetka View Post
    Looks like a beautiful aircraft, to be sure. I'm looking for a 172 myself, for teaching my daughter and son-in-law to fly while I'm building something. But yours is a little above my budget, mainly (I'm sure) due to the floats. I would LOVE to fly floats again, but have absolutely nowhere to base an aircraft on straight floats. But the airframe time is attractive, as is the panel of course.

TB
    I've been around for quite a while and I have yet to see anything come in on budget. Keep in mind this is a factory seaplane and it shows. The panel upgrade took time but was well worth it - you would be very close to having an IFR platform. I believe we are the third owners and I recall being told the original owner only put the wheel gear on once. It's been flown but not beat up. If your training produces a daughter/son in law team that wants to continue flying, you can sell them the aircraft they learned in - plus you'll have something nice to play with while you're building your cub. Come on up and take a flight!
    Ken Cornell
    Likes tcbetka liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sale Pending!
    Ken Cornell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A very stick puppy View Post
    Sale Pending!
    Our buyer has had some personal issues pop up and has not been able to arrive for a pre-buy. He has asked that we put N20543 back on the market. This would make a great Christmas present for the family.....
    Ken Cornell