• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA-18-95 Wheel Pants?

Slappy

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the PA-18-95, or any other Super Cub for that matter, ever came from the factory with wheel pants?

Thanks

I know I've seen them installed, but I wan't to say "No" to ever being factory installed. I think it's a federal offence anyway....

My -12 had wheel pants when I bought it. Pretty sure they were factory because the rest of the plane was stock. I threw them away. Pretty dumb of me.

How do you get in and out? Step on the wheel pant?
First, blasphemy. Second, difficult to check air and tread. Third - zero speed advantage (defined as less than a half knot).
Opinion.

My -12 had wheel pants when I bought it. Pretty sure they were factory because the rest of the plane was stock. I threw them away. Pretty dumb of me.
He was asking about a bona fide Super Cub. Not a wanna-be, also ran PA12. Who cares about those things anyway.

Yah but some restorers were looking for a pair of -12 wheelpants not so long ago - - -

Perry, what did your -12 do to you to deserve that aero-racial slur?

And Bob, I just use the step to climb in and out. Y'know, the one Piper installed? - - -
8)

Last edited:
01CC409E-5408-448B-AE40-E0FA9798F089.jpeg

Thanks for the responses. These are are what I had on mine when I bought it. I took them off and can’t tell any difference in speed. Not a big fan of them on a Super Cub anyway. They are made of aluminum and if I had to guess I would say that they are factory pants, just maybe not original to this aircraft. I haven’t been able to find any information about factory wheel pant options on the PA-18.

Does anyone know anything about these type of wheel pants?

Attachments

• 01CC409E-5408-448B-AE40-E0FA9798F089.jpeg
    01CC409E-5408-448B-AE40-E0FA9798F089.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 656
Yah but some restorers were looking for a pair of -12 wheelpants not so long ago - - -

Perry, what did your -12 do to you to deserve that aero-racial slur?

And Bob, I just use the step to climb in and out. Y'know, the one Piper installed? - - -
8)
Yeah, I should probably go sit in the corner for a while.
Bob's got the best point though, getting into the front seat almost requires stepping on the tire. In my opinion, the rear step on an 18 is nearly useless for entering the front seat. Frankly Gordon, boarding the front seat of the 12 is probably my only gripe. It's a pain compared to an 18.

Back