Thread: For Sale Wag-Aero Supercub 150 Experimental

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale Wag-Aero Supercub 150 Experimental

Enjoy. I thought Benny Goodman was a good mood for this throwback modern airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0rW3CW3zpg&t=122s

Life is not a dress rehearsal, and is a fatal condition...make it count. It's a good landing if you can still open the doors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tri-Pacer tail feathers, shorter than a Super Cub.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes flylow liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Tri-Pacer tail feathers, shorter than a Super Cub.
    I'm just going with what I was told in the paperwork, Wag-Aero kit. Modified to take the 150HP.

Link to Logbooks: https://drive.google.com/drive/folder... 2005 Wag-Aero Piper Super Cub Replica Super Cubby N121WP Total Time: 190 HoursSMOH: 2230 Hours (150hp Lycoming O-320-E3D)STOH: 190 Hours (a substantial amount of engine work was done, but was not "technically" a major overhaul, just a top overhaul. Number will change as it is flown regularly. Accessory case, oil sump, #1 & #4 connecting rods and all four cylinders removed and sent out to Harrison Engines where new valve guides and exhaust valves were installed. Reassembled engine with new piston rings and new rod bolts on those connecting rods. Not exactly just a top overhaul... More of an experimental overhaul! This little Cubby is awesome! A blast to fly and sure grabs all the attention on the ramp. Needs nothing, everything works as it should. Avionics: IC-A200 CommCessna 300 TransponderSigtronics SPA-400 IntercomAvionics Master Exterior & Interior: There are a few touch up paint blemishes on the outside, nothing major. The fabric work is decent, it"s not going to win Oshkosh, but it shows well. Overall rated a "7.5"The Interior is in excellent condition. Rated a "9"Glass is excellent as well. Details: Complete logbooks since new. October Annual; Fresh Transponder Cert in Jan 2019. Tanis engine pre-heater. Cub plan set #1382. Was purchased from WAG AERO on October 21st, 1983. The plans, misc materials and sub assemblies were sold in 1992. The materials were stored and no work was performed. The materials and plans were sold again in 1995 and work proceeded to completion. Was completed and received an FAA airworthiness certificate in 2005, test flown June 10th 2005.Modifications made from original drawings:1. Fuselage was modified per WAG AERO drawing supplement for 150hp engine2. PA11 fuel tanks were installed in the wings 30 gallons useful fuel (3 hours with 45 minute reserve)3. Landing gear was modified to accept 6" CLEVELAND wheels and brakes4. Elevator and stabilizer tips were modified to provide aerodynamic balance5. 11 pounds of lead was installed in the elevator spar to adjust weight and balance6. UNIVAR PA18 wing struts were purchased and installed.7. NEW 8.5-6 Goodyear Treaded tires and Tubes installed May 2019, less than 10 landings on them.8. New Hard Rubber 6”x2” tailwheel mounted June, repacked bearings So why am I selling? It is too hard for me to get into the plane, and there’s not enough room for my copilot Yoda in back. He usually slept in my last plane, but this seat is not big enough.Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions! 100% airworthy condition, as-is, where-is, with no warranty.Please feel free to TEXT me with questions, 719-320-1459

Where did you get this info please? Thanks
    Life is not a dress rehearsal, and is a fatal condition...make it count. It's a good landing if you can still open the doors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what parts are what.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes windy, Chicken Hawk, hotrod180, Flying_Fin liked this post

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate with those sectional things?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting how they added extra tubing up front for the 150hp. Still has the nose tank, J-3 front seat and rear seat. The front of the cowling enclosure for the air box is different.
    Thanks pfm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    With wood spars that attach same as a J3, its interesting they refered to this as a Super Cub? This looks totally
    a wood wing Wag Aero " Sport Trainer" (J3) with an 0320 on the front ? It has got PA20 tailfeathers, as Steve suggested.
    Bob, respectfully what part of your airplane do you feel is replicating a PA18? Your fuselarge is all J3 out to the firewall; and your wings are 100%
    J3.......... So it is going to be confusing
    to "Cub Guys" what part is "Super".
    I wonder if possibly its a Wag Aero
    "Sport Trainer" modified for a Lycoming 0320 engine. Not sure what
    the liabilities could be when advertising an aircraft as something it may not be in this modern world of law suits???? Might be something to ponder?
    Does look like a good olde airplane and its certainly the right color! Good luck with your sale!

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Likes Flying_Fin liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Useful Aviation Terms

AIRSPEED – Speed of an airplane. (Deduct 25% when listening to a retired fighter pilot.)

BANK – The folks who hold the lien on most pilots’ cars.

CARBURETOR ICING – A phenomenon reported to the FAA by pilots immediately after they run out of gas.

CONE OF CONFUSION – An area about the size of New Jersey located near the final approach fix at an airport.

DEAD RECKONING – You reckon correctly, or you are.

DESTINATION – Geographical location 30 minutes beyond the pilot’s bladder saturation point.

ENGINE FAILURE – A condition that occurs when all fuel tanks mysteriously become filled with low-octane air.

FIREWALL – Section of the aircraft specifically designed to funnel heat and smoke into the cockpit.

FLIGHT FOLLOWING – Formation flying.

GLIDE DISTANCE – Half the distance from an airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.

HOBBS – An instrument which creates an emergency situation should it fail during dual instruction.

HYDROPLANE – An airplane designed to land long on a short and wet runway.

LEAN MIXTURE – Nonalcoholic beer.

MINI MAG LITE – Device designed to support the AA battery industry.

NANOSECOND – Time delay between the Low Fuel Warning light and the onset of carburetor icing.

PARASITIC DRAG – A pilot who bums a ride and complains about the service.

RICH MIXTURE – What you order at another pilot’s promotion party.

ROGER – Used when you’re not sure what else to say.

SECTIONAL CHART – Any chart that ends 25 nm short of your destination.

SERVICE CEILING – Altitude at which cabin crew can serve drinks.

SPOILERS – FAA Inspectors.

STALL – Technique used to explain to the bank why your car payment is late.

STEEP BANKS – Banks that charge pilots more than 10% interest

TURN & BANK INDICATOR – An instrument largely ignored by pilots.

USEFUL LOAD – Volumetric capacity of the aircraft, disregarding weight.

WAC CHART – Directions to the Army female barracks.

YANKEE – Any pilot who has to ask New Orleans tower to “Say again”

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like

For Sale Wag-Aero Supercub 150 Experimental

Quote Originally Posted by TurboBeaver View Post
    With wood spars that attach same as a J3, its interesting they refered to this as a Super Cub? This looks totally
    a wood wing Wag Aero " Sport Trainer" (J3) with an 0320 on the front ? It has got PA20 tailfeathers, as Steve suggested.
    Bob, respectfully what part of your airplane do you feel is replicating a PA18? Your fuselarge is all J3 out to the firewall; and your wings are 100%
    J3.......... So it is going to be confusing
    to "Cub Guys" what part is "Super".
    I wonder if possibly its a Wag Aero
    "Sport Trainer" modified for a Lycoming 0320 engine. Not sure what
    the liabilities could be when advertising an aircraft as something it may not be in this modern world of law suits???? Might be something to ponder?
    Does look like a good olde airplane and its certainly the right color! Good luck with your sale!

Sent from my LM-X210 using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    I guess the keyword is replica though your points are valid

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app