• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Eugene Ore area .Orger's

hottshot

Joseph ,Or
Good day all, it's been a while but I'm still kickin' around in the corners here and there. We are looking for contacts in the Eugene area as my oldest son Kyler will be headed to the area to attend LCC in the next few weeks to begin his trek towards getting his A/P certificate and will be looking for hangar floors to sweep airplane bellys to wash and any other possible ways to help with the cost of living and schooling. I know over the years I have gotten to know many of you and the locations in the area but as I get older my memory seems to be slipping a bit so if you are in the area and wouldn't mind sharing some info that might help the boy out I would definitely appreciate it as will he.

Thanks again!!

You couldn’t pay me to live in Eugene. I drove from corvallis every day for two years to get my A and P.

i would choose a surrounding community to live in like junction city.

Tony Haan in Albany runs a little FBO and is very friendly.

It could be worse, could be Portland, or ANYWHERE in CA or most of western WA. I was born & raised in Eugen/Springfied, left like 33 years ago to join USAF then took a job in UT, and the rest is history. Any more when I visit OR I fly into anywhere BUT Portland or Eugene. Sad really, the southern Willamette valley in the 70's & early 80's was about as close to Heaven as I've seen on 6 continents & enough countries that I've lost count... bout I might be just a bit biased

You couldn’t pay me to live in Eugene. I drove from corvallis every day for two years to get my A and P.

i would choose a surrounding community to live in like junction city.

Tony Haan in Albany runs a little FBO and is very friendly.

I have a shop at Hobby Field, Creswell Airport just south of Eugene. I grew up in Eugene and I agree it has changed allot over the years. I have lived in Creswell for over 14 years now and have had my own shop for about as long. There is four businesses on the field here including mine. It's a good group and we all get along most of the time. I know tube and fabric, and cut my teeth working on and rebuilding Supercubs and other general aviation aircraft. Kyler should come down for a visit and introduce himself. I would not have full time work but may be able to use someone a couple days a week and there may be others that could use some help at times. Anyway if you want to talk more send me a private message and I'll give you my number.

I have a shop at Hobby Field, Creswell Airport just south of Eugene. I grew up in Eugene and I agree it has changed allot over the years. I have lived in Creswell for over 14 years now and have had my own shop for about as long. There is four businesses on the field here including mine. It's a good group and we all get along most of the time. I know tube and fabric, and cut my teeth working on and rebuilding Supercubs and other general aviation aircraft. Kyler should come down for a visit and introduce himself. I would not have full time work but may be able to use someone a couple days a week and there may be others that could use some help at times. Anyway if you want to talk more send me a private message and I'll give you my number.

That's great!! 541-263-2968 we are in getting his schedule now shoot me a text and I'll forward your number to him.

I flew the Pacer(tri actually, but since I'm about done with one of the "Pacer" projects I'm practicing) into Hobby Field a couple months ago, Much more friendly than Mahlon Sweet and definitely less expensive. The folks both still live in the springfield & Eugene area, and my Daughter is a little further south, so I've kind of adopted Creswell as my new home base when I visit.

I flew the Pacer(tri actually, but since I'm about done with one of the "Pacer" projects I'm practicing) into Hobby Field a couple months ago, Much more friendly than Mahlon Sweet and definitely less expensive. The folks both still live in the springfield & Eugene area, and my Daughter is a little further south, so I've kind of adopted Creswell as my new home base when I visit.

Great visit today, looking like home away from home when we visit as well

A lot of the smaller airports up & down the Willamette valley are pretty nice to visit, my last trip the daughter was too busy to visit much, so I decided to see how many I could visit on a Saturday morning/early afternoon... I don't remember the number without looking in the logbook/GPS, but I think I hit everything from Salem to Medford(excluding Eugene, not that they are that difficult to work with really, compared to some others, but I have been there sooooooo many times over the years). But Hobby just kind of "felt" more friendly & less like walking into a prison...

Shoot me a PM with contact info & I'll try to stop in next visit, in the next couple months, so long as you don'n look down too hard at the shortwing crowd... ;)

Shoot me a PM with contact info & I'll try to stop in next visit, in the next couple months, so long as you don'n look down too hard at the shortwing crowd... ;)

No worries, Im a Maule Driver so we are kin .... kinda like 3rd cousins twice removed....

As I understand it, Ray Maule used to work for Piper back in the day, before starting Maule Aircraft. He then kind of took the Pacer and modified it with his own slant that ultimately became the Maule...

At least that's my understanding, third or fourth hand...

No worries, Im a Maule Driver so we are kin .... kinda like 3rd cousins twice removed....

As I understand it, Ray Maule used to work for Piper back in the day, before starting Maule Aircraft. He then kind of took the Pacer and modified it with his own slant that ultimately became the Maule...

At least that's my understanding, third or fourth hand...

BD, Ray's father was the one that worked for Piper so pretty close!

Back