• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Trig TN70 GPS receiver

Dnh98221

Anacortes, WA
I didn't see the STC for a Super Cub PA-18 listed in the Trig website for their GPS receiver and antenna, TN70 and TA70 in the approved model list. I have seen them installed, what am I missing?

Dan

FAA has a letter approving ADS-B equipment in like airplanes even if the particular airplane is not on the AML.

I sign them off as a minor variance on the STC. The PA 20 is listed in the AML, so what is the deference in installation from a PA 20 and a PA 18?

AML's make sense for many items, but rarely, if ever, are applicable to avionics or instruments. ADS-B systems are a great example. I could literally install any of these systems in a car or even on a bicycle and it would work just fine, even though Schwinn is not on the AML. Same for radios or airframe instruments. I've installed lots of E.I. ammeters in Beavers, as per instructions, and they've worked correctly for years. The key is to make sure these items are installed in accordance to the manual.

Web

Here is the Memorandum I was directed to when I question Trig.

Attachments

• ADS-B Install Policy Memo - AVS Signed (3-2-16).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
Back