• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Last Sighting of My Cow...With Santa

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Some of you old-timers will remember the cow that flew in my back seat in the early years of the New Holstein Flyin. She was a good cow, pretty much minded her own business. All was good until her final flight...

She was sitting in the back seat of my cub when we flew from New Holstein to Iola for lunch...I was packed up and on my way home. Steve Lewis was on my right wing, my proverbial wing man. All was good until it got pretty warm in the cockpit and I decided to open the window on the right side of the cub. Little did I know that my cow would do the unthinkable...jump from the cub. I heard a weird thump and when I looked over my shoulder my cow was gone to greener pastures, I suppose. I immediately radioed Steve to see if he had seen my cow jump...he was only 100 feet or so away from me...but Nope, He Hadn't Seen Anything!

Well, I flew on, despite the tears in my eyes, wondering to this very day what became of my cow. I wonder if some good farmer was sitting on his front porch sipping on a glass of iced tea on his porch swing, only to look up at the sky toward the airplanes flying overhead and see a cow descending from the heavens. I guess we will never know.

Here's to my cow...

P1110781.jpg

...I don't even think Santa knows what became of her.

Randy, Cowless in Minnesota

:lol:

Attachments

• P1110781.jpg
    P1110781.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,377
RandyBob
Remember it well. I was about 1/4 mile away.
A very mooooving experience!
Lou

Miss Moo Holstein committed cowacide! It was a terrible thing, I see RandyBob is still having negative flashbacks.

“Cows may come and cows may go, but the bull in this place goes on forever”. ....sign that used to hang in my grandfathers “pool room”. (A chicken farmer turned dairy farmer)

Maybe Randy doesn’t know how to steer... or was that just a heifer in the back?

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

If they held the event in Jersey, they would have to call it, well, New Jersey.
Thank god for registered Holsteins.

As far as I can tell that Holstein Randy has was simply ready to be put out to pasture.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Appears as though Randy ( and probably the cow) were somewhat deflated by the circumstances surrounding the disappearance.

Reading this sad tale from the comfort of my cowch
im reminded of an occasion that occurred awhile back. I had landed Calaveras Ca. for fuel after a long hop.
While fueling my plane one of the line boys approached and asked why there was a ziploc bag draped around my tail fork.
If only your poor cow could have been so fortunate..

Back