• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Bill Rusk saved my life

Scouter

SPONSOR
Exeter Maine
Well, that’s a bit dramatic, but he sure made it a lot easier
i have a meeting today on the coast. I left last night to stay on the coast If you have ever driven the coastal routes thru Maine in August, you would want to detour the traffic as well
Weather crap coming in sooner than they predicted. I got within 14 miles from the destination grass strip and the clouds are in the trees
no choice but to come home or divert. I like my own bed so climbed up to 3000 there is a kick butt tailwind upthere headed home. By then it’s pitch dark at 830. Wife and Jeep on the end of the strip with lights on
then the world all changed when I threw the switch on landing lite
the cub has llights in both wings. Really really nice light. Got the idea from Bills cub build
cant say enough good about Baja design Squadron pro
thx for the advice Bill!

51zGbN1moDL._AC_UL160_.jpg
jim

Attachments

• 51zGbN1moDL._AC_UL160_.jpg
    51zGbN1moDL._AC_UL160_.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,815
Last edited:
As I progress on my build knowing I will be in the dark a few times in the future, well lets not bring up living in the dark now. It is pireps on products such as this in our changing world that is very useful information.
Thank you guys.

Virtually the same Lumen output as AEROLed's Par 36 replacement (which I love). Would be interesting to see the beam comparison as it looks like the different types of lenses and reflectors might make for increased range.

This appears to be the "driving combo' version of the squadron pro. Is this correct? Are the upper and lower rows aimed differently like a landing and taxi light or does it even matter? Can the upper and lower rows be turned on separately? Thanks in advance...

The upper and lower rows are not independent nor can they made to be so. I use the light more for recognition than night landings and takeoffs (which I don’t do very often).

Hope this helps

Bill

It certainly does. I am after recognition as well and noticed that there is also a model with four clear lenses available. As for landing lights I am thinking getting a pair of vision x for the cabane vee like some others have been using.

Back