Thanks Thanks:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Primer Line routing through firewall ??

  1. #1
    supercub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate with those sectional things?
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Primer Line routing through firewall ??

    Do you use firewall fittings for the primer lines or do you just run them through using a grommet or other protective measures? Also I've been looking for a restrictor fitting for the oil pressure gauge line for a Cont O-200 and haven't been able to find one, any suggestions on where to find one? Thanks
    Last edited by supercub; 08-28-2019 at 10:57 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nd
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nd
    Posts
    3,212
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont like fittings, so right or wrong i just run them through with a grommet.

  4. #4
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    9,290
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Also I've been looking for a restrictor fitting for the oil pressure gauge line for a Cont O-200 and haven't been able to find one, any suggestions on where to find one? Thanks
    Make one by welding, soldering or otherwise plugging your fitting closed, then drilling a .040" hole in it.
    N1PA
    Likes Chicken Hawk liked this post

  5. #5
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    18,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub View Post
    Do you use firewall fittings for the primer lines or do you just run them through using a grommet or other protective measures? Also I've been looking for a restrictor fitting for the oil pressure gauge line for a Cont O-200 and haven't been able to find one, any suggestions on where to find one? Thanks
    Piper used a grommet. Oil pressure restrictor is Item 34 Figure 10 in the J3 parts manual.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

  6. #6
    supercub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate with those sectional things?
    Posts
    780
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    Piper used a grommet. Oil pressure restrictor is Item 34 Figure 10 in the J3 parts manual.
    Thanks for the info.

  7. #7
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    At Work.....
    Posts
    1,625
    Post Thanks / Like

Similar Threads

  1. Brake Line Routing
    By Binty in forum Modifications
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. Fuel line routing
    By Fortysix12 in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •