Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 68 of 68

Thread: Say again the price of that Jeep...

  1. #41
    A very stick puppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lake Clear NY
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that these Jeeps can get a bit addictive. I've had five Wranglers, a few Cherokees, and seven Jeepsters. I decided last spring it was time for another Jeepster to play with and ended up with this one. The body is surprisingly solid and the half cab and auto transmission are kind of rare.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50223966_2041506729263548_5019254367295897600_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	44216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	44217
    Ken Cornell
    Likes SJ, Chicken Hawk, RaisedByWolves liked this post

  2. #42
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A very stick puppy View Post
    I agree that these Jeeps can get a bit addictive. I've had five Wranglers, a few Cherokees, and seven Jeepsters. I decided last spring it was time for another Jeepster to play with and ended up with this one. The body is surprisingly solid and the half cab and auto transmission are kind of rare.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50223966_2041506729263548_5019254367295897600_n.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	44216Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	44217
    OFJ

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

  3. #43
    RaisedByWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 105 Special View Post
    Attachment 44212Still driving the 83 Scramble I bought when I graduate high school.
    You can bring it up and drop it off for the wedding present. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36E0B4FB-DC77-49E6-8849-E696B85A9CAD.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	291.8 KB 
ID:	44225Bought the two in the background for less than 4000 each years ago. They are worth a little more now.
    Likes 62E liked this post

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	135EB4EA-6C5D-41CD-AA39-87539E6A5AC1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	44226This is what my daughter thought at the time this one came home. But I changed her mind by prom years and lots of work laterClick image for larger version. 

Name:	55B119E9-5D94-40F1-BBF7-10047120FAA7.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	303.5 KB 
ID:	44227

  6. #46
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Ted View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36E0B4FB-DC77-49E6-8849-E696B85A9CAD.jpeg 
Views:	56 
Size:	291.8 KB 
ID:	44225Bought the two in the background for less than 4000 each years ago. They are worth a little more now.
    I had a 66 Bronco just like that years ago

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bought that one off the original owner in 1997. He bought it and an 18’ airstream the same day in 1969 when he got the contract to start logging the I80 route in Northern California. I’m still kicking myself I didn’t have the cash money to buy both. Funny guy he wouldn’t sell it tell I promised I wouldn’t take off the NRA sticker, it’s still there.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my Dad with our '67, which we've had since '67

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Farmersville, TX
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always kinda wanted one of those VW "Things":
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1973-VW-Thing-848x636.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	44228
    Mind you, I grew up in Brazil, where the Jeeps were made by Willis, and were as common as dollar bills... This "Thing" was seriously cool! LOL

    Nowadays, I would absolutely love to have a Meyers Manx dune buggy! Like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0353-1280x851.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	44229
    or this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1962_meyers_manx_dune_buggy_15521742057dff9f98764daDSC_1870-e1555626292692-940x627.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	44230
    But my other half loves trucks. Specifically, 50's era 5-window Chevy trucks. So If I ever do get a "play with" vehicle, it's probably going to be one of those.
    Jim Parker
    '65 Champion 7ECA - Flying
    ?? Bearhawk Patrol - Building
    Likes Farmer Ted liked this post

  10. #50
    105 Special's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Council, NC
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    You can bring it up and drop it off for the wedding present. Thank you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tom, you would not want this piece of junk! Lol

  11. #51
    scout88305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,702
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rubicon road trip to AK a lifetime ago. Kluane Lake and Taylor Highway. A duffle bag expedition in a rag top Jeep comes close to the definition of freedom. Funny how like wired aviators can be. Fun post Jim!


    Name:  IMG_3111.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  325.2 KB


    Name:  IMG_3066.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  266.4 KB


    Name:  IMG_3035.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  300.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_3033.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  239.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_3328.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  329.6 KB
    Thank a sheepdog today for they are standing guard!
    Likes Chicken Hawk, RaisedByWolves liked this post

  12. #52
    105 Special's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Council, NC
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scout88305 View Post
    Rubicon road trip to AK a lifetime ago. Kluane Lake and Taylor Highway. A duffle bag expedition in a rag top Jeep comes close to the definition of freedom. Funny how like wired aviators can be. Fun post Jim!


    Name:  IMG_3111.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  325.2 KB


    Name:  IMG_3066.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  266.4 KB


    Name:  IMG_3035.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  300.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_3033.JPG
Views: 523
Size:  239.8 KB


    Name:  IMG_3328.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  329.6 KB
    Love, the pics. And you are correct when saying how aviators are wired alike.

  13. #53
    RaisedByWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Say again the price of that Jeep...

    Quote Originally Posted by 105 Special View Post
    Tom, you would not want this piece of junk! Lol

    I Don't, the boss does. I already have my piece of junk..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5692.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	44236
    Thanks LUCIFER thanked for this post

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can by a brand new jeep for $15000.00. It is called a Mahindra Roxor. Not street legal. Built in Detroit Michigan.

  15. #55

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Meanwhile,...
    Posts
    5,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    I Don't, the boss does. I already have my piece of junk..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5692.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	44236
    Tall trucks are all well and good but who helps who get in it and more importantly are there videos?
    Last edited by OLDCROWE; 08-26-2019 at 09:26 PM.
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!

  16. #56
    skywagon8a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SE Mass
    Posts
    9,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDCROWE View Post
    Tall trucks area all well and good but who helps who get in it and more importantly are there videos?
    Tom needs a step ladder to climb in.
    N1PA

  17. #57
    105 Special's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Council, NC
    Posts
    161
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    I Don't, the boss does. I already have my piece of junk..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5692.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	44236
    Sweet

  18. #58
    hotrod180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Townsend, WA
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimParker256 View Post

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0353-1280x851.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	475.3 KB 
ID:	44229
    .
    When you consider how popular these dune buggies (and baja bugs) were back in the 60's & 70's,
    at least in SoCal, it's funny how you never see them around at all anymore.
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!

  19. #59
    A very stick puppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lake Clear NY
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    OFJ

    Glenn
    Help me out Glenn - What does OFJ mean? It almost seems like you have joined the Millennial Generation and your texting abbreviations are spilling over to SC.org........
    Ken Cornell
    Likes 40m liked this post

  20. #60
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A very stick puppy View Post
    Help me out Glenn - What does OFJ mean? It almost seems like you have joined the Millennial Generation and your texting abbreviations are spilling over to SC.org........
    Old Farts Jeep, probably came with Velcro laced sneakers

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes 40m, A very stick puppy liked this post

  21. #61
    nesincg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN (KAPT)
    Posts
    615
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had mine 10 years. Never had any problems, except when Steve Pierce took borrowed it. Sold the J-3 though
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000216.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	44265
    The aviator formally known as 89.

  22. #62
    fobjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drove a ‘96 cherokee for 18 years before a Prius took it out. I had to change out a lot of parts with beefed up aftermarket stuff to bypass all that crappy Chrysler engineering.......

  23. #63

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ellensburg, WA
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought my first Jeep when I was in high school in 1967. It was a bone stock 1947 CJ-2A. A couple years later traded it for a 1954 CJ-3B with a 215 aluminum Oldsmobile V8. A couple years later I traded that for a 1948 CJ-2A with a Chevy 327 engine. Then in 1975 I bought a brand new CJ-5 with a V8. Jeeps were made by American motors by then I think. The engine was a 304 V8. The axles had 427:1 gear ratios.

    Scroll down to see real jeeps currently for sale www.ewillys.com/
    Yakima Ridge Runners, the worls's first Jeep club. www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJzvGP6PwA0

  24. #64
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    9,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    My last 2A, 5L Mercruise V8, Vega steering, 2" lift



    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes A very stick puppy liked this post

  25. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Farmersville, TX
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fobjob View Post
    Drove a ‘96 cherokee for 18 years before a Prius took it out. I had to change out a lot of parts with beefed up aftermarket stuff to bypass all that crappy Chrysler engineering.......
    Don't worry... They've taken care of all that crappy Chrysler engineering since FIAT took over! All better now...
    Jim Parker
    '65 Champion 7ECA - Flying
    ?? Bearhawk Patrol - Building

  26. #66
    fobjob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    2,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fiat has simplified everything. Same as a Fiat, push it off a cliff at 100,000 miles......

  27. #67

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nd
    Posts
    3,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fobjob View Post
    Fiat has simplified everything. Same as a Fiat, push it off a cliff at 100,000 miles......
    and that is the way it is.

  28. #68

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Meanwhile,...
    Posts
    5,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill.Brine View Post
    Attachment 44213
    All but the CJ3a have moved on to new homes


    Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Always liked a 3, well except in a cold winter, I drove a 3-B to college, now it's an ornament on the roof of a Jeep dealer...
    Remember, These are the Good old Days!
    Likes jrussl liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Would a landcruiser hold up like a jeep?
    By tempdoug in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 10:02 PM
  2. best borer prop price and iridium plug price
    By sibercub in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 09:16 AM
  3. Jeep VS Piper Cub
    By SJ in forum In The News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 07:19 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •